- H77588 000000000 H77588000000000
Focusrite ISA428 MKII
- Write a Review
Focusrite' ISA mic preamps can be traced back to 1985, when console designer Rupert Neve was asked by Sir George Martin to create new modules for the...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Four classic ISA preamps with DI inputs and a premium eight-channel A-D converter option.
Focusrite' ISA mic preamps can be traced back to 1985, when console designer Rupert Neve was asked by Sir George Martin to create new modules for the console at AIR Montserrat. The modules he created included the legendary ISA110, on which all ISA microphone preamps are based. With their characteristic Lundahl LL1538 input transformer, along with one concession to modernity “ variable input impedance “ ISA mic preamps are very much the same as they were 30 years ago. But today, instead of solely gracing the consoles at AIR, ISA mic pres are at the heart of hundreds of hits made in leading studios and by leading engineers, artists and producers, across the world.
Now in its second generation, the ISA 428 MkII incorporates four of Focusrite' renowned mic pres in a simple-to-operate 2U enclosure, placing four mic preamps, instrument inputs and line ins at your fingertips. The original Focusrite mic pre was designed to suit the microphones of the time; today' model makes a small change, adding three additional input impedances to the classic ISA110 setting, allowing you to match any microphone, old or new, and access a wide range of sounds, from the character and warmth of a vintage mic to the clear transparency of a modern design. Or you can experiment and bring out just the qualities you want.
In addition to the mic inputs, there are four front-panel instrument inputs, making the ISA428 MkII ideal for overdubs in the control room with no need for a DI box. On the back: four line inputs and switchable insert points on each channel to allow routing via external signal processors. There' also a versatile, vintage design variable high-pass filter to control what' going on at the bass end. And finally¦ accurate, 6-LED meters to tell you exactly what' going down. Optionally available for the ISA428 MkII is a precision eight-channel A-D converter with 122dB dynamic range and superb jitter performance “ ideal for simple interfacing with your DAW.
- Four ISA series transformer-based preamps
- Eight-channel optional A-D converter
- Selectable impedance
- Four front panel instrument inputs
- Dedicated analogue insert points
- Accurate LED meters for every channel
A great front end for your DAW with 4 classic preamps based on Mr. Rupert Neve's original ISA 110, plus an optional 8-channels of conversion - all at an amazing price. Order today!
- Frequency response at minimum gain (0dB): -0.35dB at 20Hz and -3dB at 122kHz
- Frequency response at maximum gain (60dB): -2.5dB at 20Hz and -3dB 103kHz
- Gain range: 0dB to +60dB in 10dB steps, plus 0dB to +20dB continuously variable trim
- Maximum headroom: +7.4dBu
- THD+N: 0.0009% (measured at 1kHz -20dBu input signal, at 30dB gain setting, with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise EIN: -126dB (measured at 60dB of gain with 150Î termination and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise at main output with unity gain: -98dBu (measured with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- SNR: 123dB (relative to max output 25dBu)
- SNR: 120dB (relative to 0dBFS (+22dBu)
- CMRR: 88dB.
- Input Impedance, variable: 600Î, 1400Î, 2400Î, 6800Î
- Frequency Response at unity gain (0dB): -0.3dB at 20Hz and -3dB at 94kHz
- Gain range: -20dB to +10dB in 10dB steps, plus 0dB to +20dB continuously variable trim
- Maximum headroom: +25.4dBu
- THD+N: 0.002% (measured with +4dBu input signal, 0dB gain setting, with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise at main output with unity gain: -91dBu (measured with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- SNR: 116dB (relative to max output 25dBu)
- SNR: 113dB (relative to 0dBFS +22dBu). Input Impedance: 10kÎ
- Instrument Inputs
- Frequency Response at +10dB gain: -0.2dB at 20Hz and 0dB at 200kHz
- Frequency Response at +40dB gain: -3dB at 20Hz and -3dB at 38.4kHz
- Gain range: +10dB to +40dB continuously variable
- Maximum headroom: +11.5dBu
- THD+N: 0.006% (measured with -20dBu input signal, at minimum gain (+10dB), with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise at main output with minimum gain (+10dB): -95dBu (measured with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Input Impedance = >1MÎ
- Roll off = 18dB per octave 3 pole filter
- Frequency range: 16Hz to 420Hz (continuously variable, measured at the 3dB down point)
- ¢ 6 LED meter is calibrated 0dBFS = +22dBu (the maximum level which can be correctly converted by the optional internal A/D converter before overload occurs). The meter calibration points are as follows:
- Meter panel calibration value in dBFS / Equivalent dBu value
- 0dBFS / +22dBu
- -2dBFS / +20dBu
- -6dBFS / +16dBu
- -12dBFS / +10dBu
- -18dBFS / +4dBu
- -42dBFS / -20dBu
- Analog Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-4)
- 4 instrument 1„4" TS jack inputs on front panel
- 4 microphone XLR inputs on rear panel
- 4 line 1„4" TRS jacks on rear panel
- 4 insert return 1„4" TRS jacks on rear panel
- 4 ADC XLR inputs on rear panel
- 4 line XLR outputs on rear panel
- 4 insert send 1„4" TRS jacks on rear panel
- Other I/O
- IEC power input connector 100Vac - 240Vac
- Front Panel Indicators
- 8 output meters, 6 segment
- 4 30-60 mic gain range selection indicator
- 4 +48V phantom power indicator
- 4 Phase indicator
- 4 Insert In indicator
- 4 Filter In indicator
- 4 Input selection indicators (Mic, Line, Inst)
- 4 Z In microphone input impedance selection indicators (Low, ISA110, Med, High) Clock select indicators (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192)
- Ext clock indicators (Lock, Word clock, 256X)
- Weight: 12.2lb. (5.5kg)
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 480mm (W) x 88mm (H) x 280mm (D)
- 19" (W) x 3-1/2" (H) x 11" (D)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Focusrite ISA428 MKII:
Cleaner and slightly warmer than the $300 peramps. I can tell a difference with this and my ART MPA Gold Preamp. Once again, save your money and buy a preamp in this price range instead of the $300-$500 preamps, "you only cry once when you buy the best".
I have used this on lost of different insturments, sounds great on Vocals. Best yet is on electric guitars, SOOO smooth, and DI'ing my bass, WOW on the bass. Very clean on drumset, adds a nice tight deeper sound to the kick drum. you dont get this with the lower end pre's.
Everything you need in a preamp. Wish it had TRS Outputs.
Solid as a rock.
Get a 15% coupon code for this unit.