- 421165 000000000 421165000000000
Galaxy Audio CPTS0000 Cricket Polarity Test Set
- Write a Review
The Galaxy Audio battery-powered Cricket Polarity Test Set makes it easy to determine whether every component in an audio system is in or out of pola...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An essential tool for the sound tech.
The Galaxy Audio battery-powered Cricket Polarity Test Set makes it easy to determine whether every component in an audio system is in or out of polarity-from patch bay to console to speakers. The Cricket tests balanced and unbalanced cables of up to 2,000 feet in length. It will drive a stage snake (even one with transformers), and indicate which of a microphone's XLR connector pins is hot. The Cricket also plugs directly into a speaker cabinet and drives the components. A glance at the Galaxy Cricket's red and green LED's saves hours of troubleshooting. No wonder the Galaxy Audio Cricket polarity tester is indispensable tool for sound system owners, operators, installers and sound rental companies.
Cricket Send Pulse Generator
¢Pulse Waveform Polarity: Positive-going balanced line output pulse switch selectable for hi or low level balanced signal with positive pressure produced at the tip of 1/4-inch jack and pin #2 of XLR jack.
¢Speaker output pulse: Accepts 2 ohm (or greater) load with positive pressure produced at the tip of a 1/4-inch speaker jack and positive terminal of an internal speaker.
Cricket Receive Pulse Detector
¢Internal microphone for testing speaker output.
¢Polarity/Continuity Test: Female XLR pin 2,3,1 continuity; 1/4-inch jacks; tip, ring continuity.
¢LEDs: Green indicates positive-going pulse polarity with power switch in "ON" position and battery status with power switch in "BAT" position. Red indicates negative-going pulse polarity.
¢Detection inputs: one 1/4-inch, balanced; one XLR, balanced.
¢Mic sensitivity; -64 dB, +/- 3dB
- Checks continuity and polarity
- 1/4" TRS and XLR in/out
- Tests speakers, mics, cables and wireless systems
- Tests mixers and signal processors for polarity inversions
- Internal speaker for testing mic polarity
- Internal mic for testing speakers
- High-level output for testing miles of cable
- Battery test on
- receive module saves troubleshooting time
- Convenient operation charts located on the under side of each unit
- Pulse Waveform Polarity: positive-going balanced line
- output pulse, switch selectable for hi or low level balanced
- signal with positive pressure produced at the tip of 1/4-inch
- jack and pin #2 of XLR jack.
- Speaker Output Pulse: Accepts 2 ohm (or greater) load with
- positive pressure produced at the tip of a 1/4-inch speaker
- jack and positive terminal of an internal speaker.
- Dimensions: 3.33"W x 1.75"H x 5.25"L
- Weight (with battery): 1.10 lbs. (.5 kg.)
- Battery: 9 volt, alkaline only (battery included)
- LED Indicators:
- Green: indicates positive-going pulse polarity with power
- switch in "ON" position and battery status with power switch
- in "BAT" position.
- Red: indicates negative-going pulse polarity.
- Detection inputs: one 1/4-inch, balanced; one XLR, balanced.
- Mic Sensitivity: -64 dB, +3 dB
- Weight (with battery): 1.02 lbs. (.46 kg.)
- Battery: 9 volt, alkaline only (battery included)
- Switches: Internal microphone for testing speaker output.
- Polarity/Continuity Test: Female XLR pin 2,3,1 continuity;
- 1/4-inch jacks: tip, ring, sleeve continuity.
- Test set shipping weight: 3 lbs. (1.36 kg.)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Galaxy Audio CPTS0000 Cricket Polarity Test Set:
I picked this up to solve some problems I was having with speaker installations at various schools. I also have a need to know the 'phase' of my various gtr amps because I often record or perform with them at the same time - freq cancellation is not a good thing wherever you find it!!The Cricket of 10 years ago cost almost three times more than this current unit and performed identically. A good thing. Also, the new product doesn't come with a carry case, something I can use, and the product is now crinkle painted metal as opposed to a better feeling plastic. The new look is somewhat cheaper, although it can be argued that metal is better? I appreciate that it performs the necessary task and for less money, so no real complaint. To conclude, if you need a device like this I don't think you can beat the price. Buy a carry case like I did and be glad you have the Cricket for such a small price.