- #J04306 000002000 J04306000002000
Neumann TLM 107 Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
For decades Neumann has been setting standards in the world of studio microphones, and the TLM 107 follows closely to a tradition of innovation. With...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Not an imitation of the past, but a modern studio microphone for the future.
For decades Neumann has been setting standards in the world of studio microphones, and the TLM 107 follows closely to a tradition of innovation. With five directional characteristics and a novel-operating concept, this standard-setting large-diaphragm microphone provides sound without any coloration. Featuring equally impressive level stability and low self-noise, it captures everything from the softest whisper to thundering drums. Use the TLM 107 for everything from broadcasting, to studio and demanding home recording applications.
The TLM 107 doesn't try to imitate a vintage sound or dated relic, in fact it's just the opposite, a modern studio mic with detailed, high-precision sound reproduction that is very close to the original source.
The newly developed sound transducer, which was designed especially for this microphone, is impressive with its outstanding impulse fidelity. The great consistency of the five polar patterns, omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8, with the intermediate patterns wide-angle cardioid and hypercardioid, is also unusual for a large-diaphragm capsule. The TLM 107 provides optimal sound not only for the cardioid setting; it also ensures maximum precision over the entire frequency range for all of the other directional characteristics. The sound always remains balanced, with an almost linear reproduction up to 8 kHz, and a slight boost in the highest frequencies that lends presence and freshness to the voice. Here particular attention has been paid to the natural reproduction of speech sounds, especially the critical "s" sound. The grille is acoustically optimized for low sensitivity to pop sounds. In addition, the sound transducer is edge-terminated, with both diaphragms at ground voltage. Specifically, this ensures considerably reduced sensitivity to dust and humidity.
No-Compromise Sound Design
Transformerless circuitry permits a high degree of linearity and a large dynamic range. The self-noise of only 10 dB-A is practically inaudible, while at the same time, the TLM 107 features high level handling. The maximum sound pressure level of 141 dB SPL can be increased to 153 dB SPL via pre-attenuation (Pad). This enables the TLM 107 to transmit the sound of even the loudest instruments without distortion. The Low Cut settings of Linear, 40 Hz, and 100 Hz are precisely adapted to practical recording situations. Without side effects, the 40 Hz setting cuts interference noise below the range of fundamental tones (where 41 Hz is the frequency of the double bass open E string), while the 100 Hz setting is optimized for speech and vocals (where 100 Hz corresponds to the lowest notes of a baritone).
Innovative Operating Concept
For the first time, all of the microphone switch functions are controlled intuitively via a navigation switch. A visual highlight is the illuminated pattern display in the chrome ring, while the Pad and Low Cut status is displayed by LEDs to the left and right of the switch. In order not to distract singers, the switch and display are located on the back of the microphone. After ten seconds, the displays are turned off automatically.
Note: Stand mount included (suspension shockmount not included).
Add this versatile tool to your mic locker today.
- Acoustical operating principle Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern Omni, wide angle cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8
- Frequency range 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohms 11 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance 1000 ohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1) 22 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1) 10 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 72 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL) 84 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD < 0.5%2) 141 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD < 0.5%2) with pre-attenuation -6 dB 147 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD < 0.5%2) with pre-attenuation -12 dB 153 dB
- Maximum output voltage 10 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938) 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938) 3.2 mA
- Matching connectors XLR3F
- Weight 445 g
- Diameter 64 mm
- Length 145 mm
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.