- 153913 000000000 153913000000000
Radial Engineering JPC Stereo PC DI Box
- Write a Review
The Radial Engineering JPC stereo PC direct box is specifically designed to connect computer sound cards and other consumer electronic products to pr...Read More
The Radial Engineering JPC stereo PC direct box is specifically designed to connect computer sound cards and other consumer electronic products to professional sound systems. The JPC stereo DI box combines the advantages of transformer-isolated inputs with an active drive circuit, giving you the best of both in a compact and extremely flexible package.
Transformer coupled inputs have the unique advantage of isolating the source from the destination. This proven approach eliminates 60-cycle hum and buzz caused by ground loops when 2 electrically powered devices are connected. Because the active circuit does all of the impedance conversion and balancing, a dedicated 1:1 transformer can be used. This results in a hybrid design that is at once great sounding, compact and more affordable.
As with all great designs, simplicity is a fundamental trait and the Radial JPC certainly fits the bill. A choice of stereo ¼", 1/8" and RCA input AND thru-put connectors make interfacing a snap with all types of equipment. A single switch inserts a -10dB pad, two power LEDs confirm 48V phantom is turned on, and a pair of XLR output connectors round out the feature set.
Of course, like all Radial products, the JPC stereo direct box is built to handle any audio environment. The book-cover wrap-around sleeve protects switches and connectors from damage while the 14 gauge steel I-beam construction eliminates stress that could torque the PC board and cause solder joint failure. A full-bottom no-slip pad provides electrical insulation and mechanical isolation with plenty of 'stay-put' for use on hectic stages. And with its baked enamel finish, the Radial JPC DI Box will continue looking great for years!
A stereo direct box that has been specifically designed for use with computer sound cards
- Isolated XLR connectors to eliminate chassis ground potential
- Active balanced circuit drives long cable runs without signal loss.
- Audio Transformers on both inputs provide 100% isolation to eliminate hum and noise causing ground loops.
- 14-Gauge steel welded I-beam construction makes it impossible to torque the PC board
- High grade switches - long life, high cycle for reliable performance
- Military spec PC board with full surface ground plane to reduce RF noise susceptibility.
Order a great sounding PC-AV Direct Box that is compact and affordable.
JPC Stereo PC DI Box
- Input and Output Panels
- -10dB pad reduces the level going into the JPC from loud sources that could overload the circuit and cause distortion.48V Power on LEDs lets you know that phantom has been turned on and is powering the two channels. 1/4" connectors for each channel in parallel with RCA and 1/8" connectors
- 1/8" TRS (stereo) connector designed for PCs and laptops, makes connection easy with standard 1/8" to 1/8" cable
- Twin RCA connectors are great for connecting DVD/CD players and video machines. RCA thru-puts for flexibility.
- Book-end design creates a protective zone around the switches & connectors - Indestructable 14-gauge steel construction.
- Ground Lift switch - recessed to prevent accidental operation. Disconnects the ground path to the transformer at the XLR output. This is used when a ground path is made at the input side such as with a computer or rack module.
- Full no-slip rubber bottom pad provides mechanical isolation, electrical insulation and 'stay-put-ability!'
- Twin balanced XLR male output connectors; AES standard with Pin-1 ground and Pin-2 hot.
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Radial Engineering JPC Stereo PC DI Box:
Because of the amazing sound of the Jensen transformers (the "J" designation in many of the Radial DI's), the SOLID build quality, and overal quality of Radial's products, I personally find them to be the best DI products on the market. I'm in the process of changing EVERY DI i have to Radials. Amazing stuff.
This is Radials PCDI with a better transformer... sounds fantastic. The various inputs makes it VERY versatile -- 1/4", 1/8" TRS, RCA ... whatever you through at it, it can take. Phantom Indicators for each channel makes it easy to troubleshoot...and NOT having any external power supply (wall-wart) is awesome!
Nothing beats Radial for build quality. Rock solid build...
Totally worth it.
Sure you could just get some $5 adapters from Radio Shack & use your regular DI's ... but with every $5 connection, you degrade the amazing signal from your $$$ MacBook Pro, running $$$ Ableton, $$$ interface....etc. It's just THAT much of a better signal.