- H68486 000000000 H68486000000000
Shure PGXD2/SM58 Handheld Transmitter with SM58 Mic
- Write a Review
The PGXD2/SM58 Handheld Transmitter with SM58 Mic is designed to meet the needs of the traveling performer by pairing an industry-standard handheld d...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Turns one of Shure's most popular dynamic vocal mics into a wireless mic with a 200' operating range.
- Shure SM58 Durability Test
The PGXD2/SM58 Handheld Transmitter with SM58 Mic is designed to meet the needs of the traveling performer by pairing an industry-standard handheld dynamic vocal microphone with an exceptional transmitter for use with Shure's PGXD Wireless System.
The PGXD2 transmitter features automatic setup, a multi-function LED Indicator (power, lockout, mute, low battery), and provides you with 8 hours of continuous use on 2 AA batteries. It gives you and your microphone a generous 200' (60m) operating range without losing audio quality.
The Shure SM58 mic is legendary for its uncanny ability to withstand abuse that would destroy any other microphone. The Shure SM58 has not only helped to define the sound of rock vocals on stage, it's also been used as a hammer to build stages and gone on to perform flawlessly later at the gig. Using a club's house system? You'll be singing through an SM58. And in the studio? Daniel Lanois always uses the SM58 or Beta 58 on Bono's vocals.
The Shure SM58 mic is world-renowned for its distinctive upper-midrange presence peak that ensures an intelligible, lively sound. Perfectly fits a performer's hand, balanced for total comfort during long gigs. Frequency response is a smooth, vocal-tailored 50Hz-15kHz, and the price is a bargain considering its life expectancy.
Besides the SM58 microphone and PGXD2 handheld transmitter you also get a padded carrying case and microphone clip.
Consumer Alert:Most users do not need a license to operate this wireless microphone system. Nevertheless, operating this microphone system without a license is subject to certain restrictions: the system may not cause harmful interference; it must operate at a low power level (not in excess of 50 milliwatts); and it has no protection from interference received from any other device. Purchasers should also be aware that the FCC is currently evaluating use of wireless microphone systems, and these rules are subject to change. For more information, call the FCC at 1-888-CALL-FCC (TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC) or visit the FCCs wireless microphone website at: www.fcc.gov/cgb/wirelessmicrophones.
- PGXD2 Handheld Transmitter Power, mute, and battery status LED
- Up to 9 hours of continuous use from 2 AA batteries
- 200" (60m) operating range
- 10dB of adjustable gain
- Lockable interface prevents accidental setting changes
- Rugged construction for reliable performance show after show
- SM58 microphone
- Performance tested, industry standard
- Uniform cardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and excellent rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll off to control proximity effect
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Steel-mesh grille and enamel-coated metal construction resist wear and abuse
- Effective built in pop-filter reduces undesirable wind and breathe noise
- Furnished with zippered storage bag and break-resistant stand adapter
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
This transmitter/mic combo lets you concentrate on performance and forget about wires. Order now!
PGXD2/SM58 Handheld Transmitter with SM58 Mic
- PGX2 Handheld Transmitter
Audio Input Level:
+2 dBV maximum at -10dB position
-8 dBV maximum at 0dB position
Gain Adjustment Range: 10dB
RF Transmitter Output: 30 mW maximum (dependent on applicable country regulations)
Dimensions including SM58 cartridge: 254mm x 51mm dia. (10" x 2")
Weight: 290g (10.2oz.) without batteries
Housing: Molded PC/ABS handle and battery cup
Power Requirements: 2 AA size alkaline or rechargeable batteries
Battery Life: > 8 hours (alkaline)
Type: Dynamic (moving coil)
Frequency response: 50 to 15kHz
Polar Pattern: Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
Sensitivity (at 1,000Hz Open Circuit Voltage): -54.5dBV/Pa (1.85 mV), 1 Pa = 94dB SPL
Impedance: Rated impedance is 150Î (300Î actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance
Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
Connector: 3-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
Case: Dark gray, enamel-painted, die-cast metal; matte-finished, silver, spherical steel mesh grille
Overall dimensions: 6-3/8"L, 2"W
Net weight: 298g (10.5oz.)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.