More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- J33593 000000000 J33593000000000
Warm Audio WA-2A Tube Opto Compressor
- Write a Review
True to its inspiration; the WA-2A boasts an all tube, completely discrete signal path with through-hole component topology. It also features custom...Read More
'2A Style, transformer balanced, high voltage, opto (Light controlled) tube compressor.
True to its inspiration; the WA-2A boasts an all tube, completely discrete signal path with through-hole component topology. It also features custom, large-core Cinemag input and output transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell, considered by many to be the world’s finest.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic optical tube compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A type circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
- Fully discrete signal path
- Utilizes custom USA made CineMag input and output transformers
- Utilizes USA made Kenetek opto attenuator
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression high-pass filtering
- Stereo-link capability
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB
- Input Level +16 dB maximum
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion Less than 0.1% THD at ±10 dBm
- Noise = -74dB
- Attack Time - 10 milliseconds
- Release Time - 0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power - 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions - 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5"
Get the sound of a legend on a home studio budget!
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Warm Audio WA-2A Tube Opto Compressor:
This unit is amazing. Just going through its electronics in bypass mode makes everything sound good. Kick in the compression, and you have something magical going on. I REALLY love this compressor on vocals before going into the WA76. I have every unit (tonebeast, eq's, wa76's) that Warm Audio makes duplicated across the main busses and sends to a stereo pair. This unit is different than the WA76 compressors. They are both very good, this one is slower and smoother, the WA are faster and better for guitars and other things.
- Was this a gift?: