- J33593 000000000 J33593000000000
Warm Audio WA-2A Tube Opto Compressor
- Write a Review
True to its inspiration; the WA-2A boasts an all tube, completely discrete signal path with through-hole component topology. It also features custom...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
'2A Style, transformer balanced, high voltage, opto (Light controlled) tube compressor.
True to its inspiration; the WA-2A boasts an all tube, completely discrete signal path with through-hole component topology. It also features custom, large-core Cinemag input and output transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell, considered by many to be the world’s finest.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic optical tube compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A type circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
- Fully discrete signal path
- Utilizes custom USA made CineMag input and output transformers
- Utilizes USA made Kenetek opto attenuator
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression high-pass filtering
- Stereo-link capability
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB
- Input Level +16 dB maximum
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion Less than 0.1% THD at ±10 dBm
- Noise = -74dB
- Attack Time - 10 milliseconds
- Release Time - 0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power - 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions - 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5"
- Weight - 12 lbs
Get the sound of a legend on a home studio budget!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Warm Audio WA-2A Tube Opto Compressor:
This unit is amazing. Just going through its electronics in bypass mode makes everything sound good. Kick in the compression, and you have something magical going on. I REALLY love this compressor on vocals before going into the WA76. I have every unit (tonebeast, eq's, wa76's) that Warm Audio makes duplicated across the main busses and sends to a stereo pair. This unit is different than the WA76 compressors. They are both very good, this one is slower and smoother, the WA are faster and better for guitars and other things.
- Was this a gift?: