- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Furman PST-8 Power Station Series AC Power Conditioner
- Write a Review
- #430889 000000000 430889000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner is equipped with Furman's SMP circuit which dramatically reduces noise, ensuring consistent peak performance fr...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Advanced surge protection that also reduces noise to give you pure AC power.
The Furman PST-8 AC Power Conditioner is equipped with Furman's SMP circuit which dramatically reduces noise, ensuring consistent peak performance from your equipment. The PST-8 Power Station uses Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) to insure that any electronic device (including televisions, projectors, CD-DVD players, or computers) is fed clean, filtered AC power.
Furman pioneered the development of AC power products for the most demanding audio, video, and broadcast professionals. Furman's Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) delivers pure AC power and comprehensive protection-going far beyond what is found in traditional surge strips. With Furman's Power Station Series, everyone can reap the benefits of top-notch power purification and surge protection.
Another feature that is unique to Furman's SMP circuit is automatic Extreme-Voltage Shutdown (E.V.S.). Extreme voltages are statistically the most common, damaging AC event. The Extreme Voltage Shutdown circuit automatically turns off the unit when it is fed 137 volts or higher protecting itself and connected equipment from the extreme voltage. Only Furman offers this degree of protection! Add telco and cable/satellite transient voltage suppression, and you have what is, unquestionably, the most comprehensive protection available in a portable AC power conditioner.
Today's overworked, outdated power grid delivers poor quality AC power. When connecting sensitive equipment to regular power outlets, AC noise masks and distorts critical signal information which cripples performance. This is why it's more important that ever to purify or clean the AC powering your sensitive audio/video equipment with a quality power conditioner like the PST-8.
Typical AC filters feature antiquated nonlinear circuits. Though these multiple stage filters or power cleaners reduce some noise, they do so unevenly. In fact, they can add noise to your power line due to their filter's excessive resonant peaking. The PST-8 features Furman's proprietary Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), AC noise is suppressed evenly, assuring maximum performance from your system.
Conventional AC conditioners employing older technologies leak voltage to circuit ground which can, in fact, aid in damaging sensitive digital circuits such as computer processors. Furman's new technology, however, never directs voltage to the circuit ground further ensuring the safety of your equipment.
- Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) provides the highest level of protection available
- Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) significantly reduces AC line noise
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown (E.V.S.) protects equipment from dangerous overvoltage conditions
- Zero ground contamination circuitry assures the delivery of pure AC power thus protecting critical audio/video components
- Cable/satellite and Telco connectors deliver advanced protection to connected equipment
- Sturdy aluminium chassis
- 3-year limited warranty
Plug your electronics into the PST-8 and surges are no longer a threat or worry. Order today!
- Power consumption: 6W for display and control circuits independent of actual load
- AC noise attenuation: Transverse (Differential) Mode: > 40 dB from 150 kHz - 100 MHz > 80dB from 100 kHz - 1GHz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 2.75" x 3.75" x 17.75"
- Transient voltage surge suppression:
- 120 VAC - Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) with a high current TVZ-MOV- Non-sacrificial with zero ground contamination (188 V peak clamping @ 6000V 3000A input)
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown: (EVS) (>135 VAC)
- Cable/Satellite (less than .1dB insertion loss) (2 pairs)
- AC current capacity: Input - 15 amps capacity required
- Output - 15 amps RMS (Maximum, all outlets combined - continuous)
- Outlets: 8 linearly filtered outlets
- Safety agency listing: C-UL (UL standard #1449, #1363)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.