Last Revised: February 7, 2019
In this Musician’s Friend Shipping, Taxes and Title Policy, the terms “Musician’s Friend,” “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Musician’s Friend, Inc.
Free Ground Shipping Offer Exclusions and Limitations:
Free Standard Ground Shipping is offered on all orders to the 48 contiguous U.S. states & District of Columbia, excluding purchase orders and packages considered heavy or oversized by the applicable carrier.
How fast do I get my gear?
Fast. Once you checkout, verified orders ship within 24 hours.
Orders ship from our centrally located, state of the art distribution center in Kansas City for fastest delivery. Our team of service professionals work 24/7 to ensure that your order is accurate and on time. We’ll follow up with an email after your package is out the door and send tracking info, making sure you get quick delivery and know when it’s hitting your doorstep.
Orders placed before 5 p.m., Eastern Time, usually ship the same business day. Orders placed after 5 p.m., Eastern Time, will ship no later than the following business day.
- Verified credit card orders shipped via Standard Ground typically arrive in just 3-5 business days.
- Lighter weight items may be shipped via USPS and may not contain a tracking number.
- All delivery times are measured in business days.
- Standard delivery is not available on weekends.
- Packages considered heavy or oversized by the applicable carrier, which are required to ship via freight, may require additional shipping charges; see product in shopping cart for specific charges.
- Orders to P.O. Boxes may require additional shipping charges; call a Gear Head at 1-800-449-9128 and let us know how we can help you.
- To make sure you get your gear as quickly as possible, your order may arrive in multiple boxes over multiple days, but you will not be charged more for shipping as a result.
- If in-stock items on the order have already shipped, back order items will be sent UPS Standard Ground.
- Although a delay is rare, all orders are subject to a 24-hour delay to verify billing information with the credit card issuer. This hold may be necessary to protect you from credit card fraud and identity theft.
- Due to additional processing time, international orders, institutional orders and orders placed using purchase orders may take a bit longer.
- Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico can only be shipped via air services and will arrive via USPS Standard Post.
- Shipping to APO/FPO addresses is limited to 70 lb. per box and is subject to the same restrictions as domestic deliveries.
- Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and U.S. territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) are shipped by USPS (6-10 business days).
- International APO/FPO destinations may require additional delivery time. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lb. each cannot be shipped to these locations.
- We are not able to ship Yamaha products to Puerto Rico, Guam, or the Virgin Islands.
- International Orders – International shipping rates and delivery times vary by country. Please visit our International Page for a list of available shipping rates, countries and shopping currencies.
Need It Quicker?
Choose Next-Day, 2-Day, Express or Saturday Delivery Options.
Orders placed before 5 p.m., Eastern Time, ship the same business day. Orders placed after 5 p.m., Eastern Time, will ship no later than the following business day.
Flat-Rate Express Ground 3-5 Day Shipping: For only $4.95, choose the Express Ground Shipping option and get your gear in as soon as 3 days. Free Shipping exclusions & limitations apply.
Expedited shipping rates are determined by weight and zone.
Next-Day and 2-Day Orders placed by 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday ship the same day.
Packages considered heavy or oversized by the applicable carrier, which are required to ship via freight, may require additional shipping charges; see product in shopping cart for specific charges.
Saturday delivery is available for an additional fee plus the One-Day rate calculated on the weight of the order. The Saturday delivery option is limited to areas where UPS provides this service and excludes heavy items. In addition, orders for Saturday delivery must be placed by 5 p.m. Eastern Time on the preceding Friday. If you require Saturday delivery, please place your order by phone; call a Gear Head at 800-449-9128 and let us know how we can help you.
Saturday delivery is only available for Next Day or 2-Day Express where your order would have arrived on a Monday without this service
Title to Products Shipped
All items purchased from Musician’s Friend are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
More Shipping & Delivery Information
One more thing: if we fall short of your expectations, we will make it right. Just give our Gear Heads a call at 800-449-9128 and let us know how we can help you.
Sales Tax Policy.
We are required to collect sales tax on all orders shipped to Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, D.C., Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. You will be charged the state and local sales tax rate for any orders shipped to these states.
Georgia, Louisiana, Rhode Island and Pennsylvania, and Puerto Rico Residents: Musician's Friend is not obligated to, and does not, collect sales tax in your state. Your purchase is subject to sales/use tax in these states unless it is specifically exempt from taxation. The purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet or by other remote means. These states require that you file a sales/use tax return at the end of the year reporting all of the purchases that were not taxed on those purchases. Retailers that do not collect sales tax in these states are obligated to provide purchasers an end-of-year summary of purchases in order to assist them in filing their tax report. Retailers that do not collect sales tax in these states may be required by law to provide the Department of Revenue with an annual report of the total amount of all of your purchases above certain thresholds. Details on how to file this return may be found at your applicable Department of Revenue website.
Alabama residents: Seller has collected the simplified sellers use tax on this transaction(s) delivered into Alabama and the tax will be remitted on the customer's behalf to the Alabama Department of Revenue. Seller's program account number is SSU-R010136529.
If you are purchasing on behalf of a tax exempt organization, please fax your tax exemption information to 800-421-5174 .