- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Shure SM7B Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 270247 000000000 270247000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The flat, 50Hz-20kHz frequency response of the Shure SM7B Microphone with Switchable Response is designed especially for spoken word, but recording e...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Popular radio and TV mic features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum.
The flat, 50Hz-20kHz frequency response of the Shure SM7B Microphone with Switchable Response is designed especially for spoken word, but recording engineers have discovered that it's also an exceptional mic for adding body to thin vocals and handling loud rock/metal singers. It also has the ability to tame harsh or sibilant sounds from hi-hat, cymbals, and voice. The SM7B is highly shielded against electrical interference, and includes bass roll-off and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display, and internal "air suspension" shock isolation. It ships with a standard windscreen and an A7WS detachable windscreen for close-talk applications. Need some convincing that this might be the mic for you? This is the vocal mic, then known as simply the SM7, that Bruce Swedien used to record Michael Jackson's vocals on Thriller, the best-selling album of all time and it's a favorite of Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers as well.
Application note: The SM7B is a low output mic, so plugging direct into an audio interface may not offer enough gain. In such a case you need a preamp with a decent amount of gain. Due to its smooth sound and thickening characteristics, a transparent-sounding preamp will be a preferred choice. (See our Preamp Buying Guide for a thorough discussion of transparent vs. color preamps.)
- Flat, wide-range frequency response
- Bass roll-off and mid-range emphasis controls
- Optimized shielding against broadband interference
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation
- Built-in pop filter for protection against plosives
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection
Once you hear what this mic can do for your vocal recordings, you'll wish you found it sooner. Don't delay, order today!
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Frequency response: 50Hz – 20kHz
- Max SPL: Not specified
- Connectivity: XLR
- Capsule: Dynamic
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Type: Mounted
- Switches: Yes
- Phantom power required: No
- Diameter: Not specified
- Length: Not specified
- Weight: 1.69 lb.
- Case: Not specified
- Clip: Yes
- Shockmount: Yes
- Power supply: N/A
- Cable: No
- Stand: No
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.