Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
BOSS SL-2 Slicer Effects Pedal Mint Greentrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The classic Slicer effect returns in an advanced compact pedal.
Shape your grooveWith the SL-2 Slicer’s efficient interface, you can dial in sophisticated textures in seconds. Use the Attack control to shape the edge of the waveform for everything from hard-chopped slices to soft, fluttering movements. Then, tweak the waveform’s length with the Duty control, going from sharp, percussive transients to longer, fuller audio blocks. Adjust the tempo with the dedicated knob, or hold the pedal switch to engage tap tempo mode for hands-free control. And with the Balance knob and +/-12 dB of output level adjustment, you always have complete control of the mix.
Set the stageThe SL-2 dishes up loads of impressive sounds with a standard mono setup. But things get even better when using the two outputs and seven different output modes. Send direct and effect sounds to different destinations for recording and performance. Or, surround yourself and listeners in animated movement using a variety of stereo and 3D processing options. You can also feed the SL-2 with your favorite stereo pedals to bring further magic to your grooves.
Stereo output modes
Fixed (default): Sends the same direct/effect mix to both outputs
EFX/Direct: Sends the effect sound to Output A and the direct sound to Output B
Random: A stereo effect that randomly outputs the Slicer sound to the left, right or center
Ping-Pong: A stereo effect that alternately sends the Slicer sound to Output A or Output B
Auto: A stereo effect that smoothly pans the Slicer sound between Output A and Output B
3D Cross: Advanced spatial processing moves the Slicer sound in left/right and forward/back patterns in 3D space
3D Rotation: Advanced spatial processing rotates the Slicer sound in 3D space
Expand your creative flowWith its generous external control options, the SL-2 works with your creative needs. Plug in an external footswitch to instantly tap in the tempo, or engage the effect with momentary presses. Or, connect an expression pedal to control knob parameters or the overall level as you perform. With the TRS MIDI input, you can sync your SL-2 grooves to a drum machine, DAW or any other device that sends MIDI clock. It’s also possible to control expression, tempo, and bypass functions via MIDI CC messages.
Compact audio adrenalineThe SL-2 brings massive sonic groove muscle to the compact pedal format. Modern DSP takes the BOSS Slicer engine further than ever before, delivering rich, animated sounds via single and dual paths chained with multiple internal effects. Eight pattern types—each with 11 variations—will keep you armed with creative firepower for a long time. When you’re ready for more, connect to BOSS Tone Studio over USB to audition and load alternate patterns into the pedal and organize memory setups for different songs.
Pre-loaded pattern types
Single (1 and 2): Rhythmic patterns that use a single Slicer effect
Dual (3 and 4): Rhythmic patterns that use two Slicer effects
Tremolo (5): Patterns with a traditional tremolo effect
Harmonic (6): Rhythmic patterns with pitch-shifting effects
SFX (7 and 8): Rhythmic patterns with different effects applied
- The classic BOSS Slicer effect in an advanced, compact pedal
- Create compelling sonic grooves with single and dual Slicer paths processed with multiple internal effects
- 88 memory locations with pre-loaded patterns (eight types with 11 variations for each)
- Control the wave shape and length of sliced audio with Attack and Duty knobs
- Adjust the overall effect level with +/-12 dB range
- Mono/stereo input and output for integration with any setup
- Seven stereo output modes: Fixed, EFX/Direct, Random, Ping-Pong, Auto, 3D Cross and 3D Rotation
- Connect to the BOSS Tone Studio app (macOS/Windows) via USB to explore and load hundreds of alternate patterns
- Control bypass and tap tempo with the onboard pedal switch
- Connect up to two footswitches or an expression pedal for external parameter control
- TRS MIDI input for clock sync and CC control
- BOSS five-year warranty
Bring vibrant, rhythmic energy to your sound with the SL-2 Slicer. Order today.
SL-2 Slicer Effects Pedal Specifications:
- Sample rate: 48kHz
- AD conversion: 24 bits, AF method (Adaptive Focus method is a proprietary method from Roland and BOSS that improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters)
- DA conversion: 32 bits
- Patterns: 88
- Nominal input level: Input A (Mono), Input B: -20dBu
- Maximum input level: Input A (Mono), Input B: +7dBu
- Input impedance: Input A (Mono), Input B: 1 mohm
- Nominal output level: Output A (Mono), Output B: -20dBu
- Maximum output level: Output A (Mono), Output B: +7dBu
- Output impedance: Output A (Mono), Output B: 1 kohm
- Recommended load impedance: Output A (Mono), Output B: 10 kohm or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls knobs: Type, Variation, Attack, Duty, Tempo, Balance
- Pedal switch
- Indicator: Check indicator (used for indication of tempo and check battery)
- Connectors: Input A (Mono) jack, Input B jack, Output A (Mono) jack, Output B jack: 1/4" phone type
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.