Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Death By Audio Evil Filter Hyper Resonant Multi Mode Filter/Fuzz Pedal Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Death By Audio Evil Filter Hyper Resonant Multi Mode Filter/Fuzz Pedal Black$380.00
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
It's easy to add a whole new layer of atmosphere on your vocals.
What Does a Multimode Filter Pedal Do?
The Evil Filter takes your signal and carves it up so that you only hear the frequencies you want to play with. In High-Pass mode, you’ll hear frequencies above where the Filter Freq. control is positioned. In B and-Pass mode, the Evil Filter chops off the high and low frequencies, leaving you with a midrange signal that has a round, vocal-like character, similar to a wah. In Low-P ass mode, only bass frequencies below the Filter Freq. control come through, so you feel the rumble in your soul. The Filter Resonance control adjusts the width and “ringiness” of the filter, which sets the overall tonal quality of the pedal from being a subtle tone-shaping utility or a harbinger of sonic devastation. At lower settings, the filter acts on a wide range of frequencies for gentle rolling sweeps and conventional filter sounds. As you bring up the Resonance, the affected frequencies get narrower and narrower until it eventually clamps down on such a tiny range of frequencies that it boosts them into ringing peaks, earth-shaking subharmonic pulses, and screaming self-oscillation. For extra harmonics and oscillation, flip the Resonance toggle switch from Normal to High and freak out.
Enter the Evil Fuzz
Misery loves company, so the Evil Filter is equipped with an Evil Fuzz to take the signal to a much darker dimension. The Evil Fuzz has its own footswitch so you can use it as a standalone full-on fuzz, or pair it with the Evil Filter to push the medical-grade IC past its limit to develop potent new sonic concoctions to push your sound to the limit. The Evil Fuzz has two fuzz types: takes you from a rich fuzz that cleans up nicely with your volume control, and is an over-the-top fire-breathing scorcher that dishes out disgustingly amazing blasted-out fuzz.
Evil Filter Everywhere
Evil Filter packs so much explosive sound into a single pedal that you’ll want to use it for everything from clean guitars to intense industrial sound-mangling. Rhythm guitars? Patch in the Evil Filter and use the High-Pass filter to remove muddy low-end and sculpt your ideal sound. Recording a solo? Try using the Band-Pass filter to find the perfect frequencies so you fit in the mix. Bass? Crank the Resonance and sweep the Low-Pass filter for gutsy synth-bass filter sweeps that’ll have your bandmates looking for your synth rig. And if you have a modular synth, the Evil Filter offers CV/expression input to control the filter cutoff frequency in tempo using a synthesizer or expression pedal.
- Filter Freq: Cutoff frequency of the filter. Numbers shown are in Hz.
- Filter Output: Volume of the filter section of the pedal.
- Filter Selector: Selects between the different filter types–Low-Pass, Band-Pass, and High-Pass.
- Filter Resonance: Sets the resonance of the filter in conjunction with the Resonance Switch. WARNING: Will self-oscillate at high levels.
- Resonance Switch: Sets the range of the Filter Resonance knob between Normal and High.
- Fuzz Output: Volume of the fuzz section of the pedal.
- Fuzz Type Switch: Choose between two different fuzzes–a gentler driving fuzz that has tons of power, but also cleans up into a cutting overdrive when you bring down your instrument’s volume control or a meaner, louder, nastier fuzz that kicks your sound in the face with disgustingly amazing speaker-shredding fuzz sounds, splatty upper octave freakouts, and just has an all-around bad attitude.
- EXP/CV Input: Plug in CV control (~0-3.0V) or an expression pedal for external control of the Filter Freq. knob. The Filter Freq. knob sets the range for the EXP/CV input.
Take your voice to new places. Order today.
Evil Filter Hyper Resonant Multi Mode Filter/Fuzz Pedal Specifications:
Dimensions: 7.5" x 4.72" x 2.4"
Weight: 25 oz.
Power: 9V (runs on standard 2.1 mm negative center 9V adapter or included 9V battery). Current Draw: 21 mA.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.