- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Diezel Herbert Preamp Pedal
- Write a Review
- L36943 000000000 L36943000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
No amp embodies the power and signature roar of Diezel Amplification like the 180-watt Herbert. And with the Herbert Pedal, that same searing gain, p...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Harness the spine-crushing tone of the Diezel Herbert in a board-friendly pedal.
No amp embodies the power and signature roar of Diezel Amplification like the 180-watt Herbert. And with the Herbert Pedal, that same searing gain, punishingly tight low end and finely tuned midrange fits on your pedalboard.
This high-gain stomp replicates its namesake amp’s preamp with precision. You’ll find the same wide-ranging EQ control and foot-switchable Midcut circuit, along with Presence and Deep controls for mimicking the amplifier’s power-section punch.
To make this stompbox-sized preamp even more flexible, Diezel included a separate output for running directly into a power amplifier, using the Herbert Pedal as your rig’s front end. And you can control it all remotely, thanks to its 1/4" stereo jack.
If you want to add the savage sounds of Diezel’s Herbert to your setup, but don’t need to harness the power of the full head, the Herbert Pedal is your high-gain sonic solution.
Sculpt your aggression
Anyone who has had the experience of dialing in a Diezel Herbert knows how finely tuned its EQ section is. And that’s exactly what you get in the Herbert Pedal. Its 3-band EQ combines with a switchable mid-cut circuit to craft anything from cutting aggression to a ground-shaking scooped sound.
Preamp or stompbox, your choice
Far from just another distortion pedal, the Diezel Herbert pedal offers multiple ways to achieve its ground-shaking tones. If you prefer using pedals for your dirt, you’ll find the pedal works beautifully straight into the front of your clean amp. But you’ll also find a dedicated “To Power Amp In” output jack that turns the pedal into a fully functional preamp. Plug it into the series effects loop return of any guitar amp or directly into a stand-alone power amp, and you’ve turned your amp into your very own Diezel Herbert—perfect for players who often have to rely on less-than-dependable rental backlines.
Founded in 1992 by Peter Diezel and Peter Stapfer, Diezel Amplification continues the commitment and fundamentals of combining traditional architecture with modern features to achieve the widest possible range of amplified sounds on stage, in studios or at home. Building the highest quality all tube amplifiers, with the highest possible handcraftsmanship, Diezel understands player’s needs – the passion for sound, quality and versatility. Made in Germany for professional use, Diezel supports environmental friendly, non-mass-producing manufacturing with a focus on the future development of state-of-the-art amplifiers for today and tomorrow.
- Gain control travels from rock ‘n’ roll to the most dominating metal tones
- Tonal shaping courtesy of a 3-band EQ
- Footswitchable Midcut circuit precisely shapes the amp’s mid frequencies
- Presence and Deep knobs add sub-frequency punch and clarity to taste
- Two ways to achieve the Diezel tone
- Works as either an overdrive effect or as a stand-alone preamp
- Independent “To Power Amp In” output is finely tuned for power amps or series effects loop inputs
- When used as a preamp, the Bypass switch mutes your signal
Call or click to order today!
- Preamp pedal based on the Diezel Herbert
- Footswitchable Midcut circuit
- Controls: Normal Master, Midcut Master, Midcut Intensity, Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, and Deep
- Pedal be powered between 12-18VDC (no battery)
- 12V power supply included
- 18V power supply cable included (for use with 9V isolated power supplies)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.