Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Earthquaker Devices Afterneath V3 Reverb Effects Pedal Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Earthquaker Devices Afterneath V3 Reverb Effects Pedal Black$169.15
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Run your signal through the mines of Moria with this awesome reverb.
Once inside, a reflection of light from an unknown source catches your eye, and you notice a bizarre sheen on the walls of the cave. You timidly inch closer to the walls of the cave. Placing your hand gently on the cavern wall, you feel the rock move. The cave is alive! Alarmed, you emit a loud gasp, which reverberates throughout the subterranean landscape. Upon further listening, it appears as though the reverberations of your voice are in fact a swarm of short digital delays which may be used to create wild and cavernous reverbs, or scattered, short, rhythmic delays with bizarre characteristics.
Take a moment to consider your Intelligence and Wisdom scores, as well as your spell inventory before proceeding further. You have seven spells at your disposal…
Will you cast “Length,” which controls the decay length of the reverb?
What about “Diffuse,” which adjusts the spread of the reverb? With your wand (or just the knob) turned counterclockwise, the reverb is sharper with more attack, resulting in a stuttering sputter of individual early reflections. Clockwise casts a washy, more ambient-sounding hex.
Overwhelmed by fear, you hastily cast “Dampen!” As you shout the incantation, you notice that a counter- clockwise variation of this spell results in brighter tones, while as you rotate your wand clockwise; you hear darker tones with a mellower top-end. It’s almost as if your magic changes the hardness of the cavern walls, and thus the tonal characteristics of the reverb!
Elsewhere in your book of magic is “Drag,” which separates the individual digital delay lines, literally dragging them through the very fabric of time and space towards an unknown event horizon from which they may never return. Clockwise “Drag” positions will gather the delay lines close together for a more reverb-like effect. Turn the “Drag” counterclockwise, and the delay lines will begin to pull apart for a scattered ping-pong delay effect.
The Drag can be put under voltage or expression control using the “EXP” jack located on the side and operates in 9 different modes which are selected by the small “Mode” control. These modes are: Unquantized, Unquantized with slew, Unquantized volt/octave, Chromatic scale, Major scale, Minor scale, Pentatonic scale, Octaves & fifths and Octaves. These modes drastically change the way the Drag control functions, especially while using an expression control or CV.
The “Reflect” alters the depth of the cave, and with it the regeneration of the reverb. This acts as a feedback control and will self-oscillate if cast by a high-level user. Turn clockwise for more wash and echoes, counter-clockwise for less.
Finally, the “Mix” alters the alchemical balance between the input signal and the effect. The Afterneath does not go fully wet but does lower the level of the input signal as you raise this control to create the appearance of a fully wet reverb.
The Afterneath features a completely analog dry signal path, totally digital delay path, buffered bypass with Flexi Switch Technology and a tails/no tails option on bypass. Each and every Afterneath is built by a mix of robots and human beans in the torch-lit cave community of Akron, Ohio.
Same otherworldly reverb algorithm built from an adjustable cluster of short delays.
Ranges from scattered individual delays to an immersive wash of atmospheric reverb.
New control over the Drag parameter with 9 unique modes of user-selectable sweep. These new modes of operation push the distinct sound of the Afterneath into a whole new realm:
1. Unquantized: Smooth, unquantized response over the operating range
2. Unquantized with Slew: Smooth, unquantized response over the entire operating range, but with a musical slew that is reminiscent of turning the varispeed knob on a vintage British tape delay. The “Drag” will lag behind the knob or cv changes, but then quickly catch up.
3. Unquantized Volt/Octave: Smooth and unquantized, yet scaled to align with the 1v/octave curve to allow melodic modulation of audio in the buffer, or control the frequency of self-oscillation like a voltage controlled oscillator.
4. Chromatic Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the chromatic scale
5. Major Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the major scale
6. Minor Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the minor scale
7. Pentatonic Scale: Quantized 1v/octave to the pentatonic scale
8. Octaves & Fifths: Quantized 1v/octave to omit all but octaves and fifths
9. Octaves: Quantized 1v/octave to omit all but octaves
Call or click to order today!
Afterneath V3 Reverb Effects Pedal Specifications:
- Tails/No Tails switching
- Voltage or expression pedal control jack for the Drag parameter.
- Silent relay-based switching
- Buffered bypass with EarthQuaker Devices’ proprietary Flexi-Switch Technology
- All-analog dry signal path and a totally digital effect signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current Draw: 100 mA
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output Impedance: 500 Ohm
- Dimensions: 4.75” x 2.50” x 2.25”
- Weight: 14 oz
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 5 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.