- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Electro-Harmonix Ring Thing Modulator Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 430489 000000000 430489000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Electro-Harmonix Ring Thing is a single sideband modulator, presenting state-of-the-art modulation control to allow the user to explore a new son...Click To Read More About This Product
Your ring leader.
The Electro-Harmonix Ring Thing is a single sideband modulator, presenting state-of-the-art modulation control to allow the user to explore a new sonic world that's both familiar and inventive. Complex modulations with interactive parameters create any sound your mind can imagine. From metallic sweeps to subtle color changes to unique and limitless modulations, the Electro-Harmonix Ring Thing effects pedal will become your sonic dream machine.
Articulate pitch shifting, preset tuning, selectable waveforms and external control delivers sound designer mystery, with a Rock and Roll edge.
The EHX Ring Thing effect pedal has four selectable modes that use either frequency or pitch shift modulation: Ring Modulation, Side Modulation, Single Sideband-Upper Band, Single Sideband-Lower Band, and Pitch Shift. The ring modulator section builds upon the original EHX Frequency Analyzer, adding to it selectable carrier waveforms, sweepable filter, presets, and expression pedal control. Single-sideband modulation is a new effect based on ring modulation but with only one band present, making it a more harmonious effect. Finally, EHX added a powerful modulatable pitch shifter to this guitar pedal that can do detune effects, vibrato, chorus, transpose, or even whammy when you use an external expression pedal.
Some possible samples and settings you can create with the EHX Ring Thing:
Vibe-A-Tone: a control setting that produces a chorus/tremolo/vibrato effect
Baritone guitar: thanks to pristine polyphonic pitch shifting, you can transform a standard tuned guitar into a baritone guitar or a 6-string bass
Drop tuning with distortion: dropping a regularly tuned guitar down to B with the EHX Ring Thing and adding a distortion pedal afterwards produces a huge sound
Tremolo bar effects: adding an expression foot pedal to the Electro-Harmonix Ring Thing produces classic dive-bomb effects using any electric guitar
The Ring Thing guitar pedal set for two octaves above with an expression foot pedal produces contemporary pitch pedal effects
Tunable moving harmony: pressing the tune switch while holding a not automatically tunes the Ring Thing to your guitar
Ring modulator you can play musically: all parameters including the tuning can be stored in presets
- Multi-wave selection for modulation and Ring Mod
- Low pass Filter for Ring Mod and single side band modes
- Fine and depth control for frequency select and amount
- Tune switch to adjust frequency to your pitch
- Upper and lower sideband isolation
- High quality whammy style effects with expression pedal
- Pitch shifting with pitch modulation and vibrato
- Fully programmable
You won't believe the amazing melodic sounds that are capable in this killer effects pedal until you order it for yourself.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.