- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Jackson Audio Belle Starr Professional Overdrive
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L71769 000000000 L71769000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Jackson Audio Belle Starr is the result of a several months-long collaboration with Drew Shirley from the band Switchfoot. For those fami...Click To Read More About This Product
A Jackson Audio overdrive pedal inspired by Switchfoot's Drew Shirley.
The Jackson Audio Belle Starr is the result of a several months-long collaboration with Drew Shirley from the band Switchfoot. For those familiar with Shirley’s guitar rig, he’s always run super small, low-wattage amps, and run them wide-open to get his signature overdrive sound. The Belle Starr was designed to create these tones.
Not a high-gain overdrive, the Belle Starr is a low/mid gain overdrive circuit that has the smooth and natural breakup that is characteristic in smaller, non-negative feedback amps.
To make the overdrive as natural-sounding and amp-like as possible, Jackson incorporated a unique clipping circuit and features Mosfet transistors rather than traditional silicon diodes. When used in a clipping circuit, the Mosfet transistors produce a very smooth and amp-like overdrive.
The overdrive range on the Jackson Audio Belle Starr is so evenly spread out across the range of the gain control that it goes from absolutely clean to medium gain with no unusual jumps in the dynamic response.
Over the eight months that Jackson Audio spent dialing in the Belle Starr, they tried it with every variation of amp they could, including Fender, Marshall, Vox and Jackson. This was done to ensure that the Belle Starr would work on any amp you marry it to.
Get the overdrive tone of Switchfoot's Drew Shirley. Order today.
Input impedance: 1M
- Output impedance: 100k
- Max. current consumption: 20mA
- Dimensions: 2.2x4.875”
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.