- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
JHS Pedals Kilt V2 Overdrive Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K76837 000000000 K76837000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
When the opportunity to work with Stu G came about (legendary guitarist, writer, producer and founding member of UK band Delirious), JHS Pedals engin...Click To Read More About This Product
Get good and dirty with this versatile overdrive built to the specs of Stu G.
When the opportunity to work with Stu G came about (legendary guitarist, writer, producer and founding member of UK band Delirious), JHS Pedals engineers couldn’t pass it up. Right out of the gate, Stu G wanted a dirt box that could essentially cover any-and-all ground he needed for his studio work and extensive touring gigs. From that request the Kilt was born, and for the V2 JHS refined it to be a compact and versatile tone-machine.
The Kilt V2 still has the fantastic circuit at the heart of the version one: a heavily tweaked Expandora-style dirt box that gives you more tonal options than you might ever be able to use. The designers use a specifically chosen op-amplifier that offers super low noise, improved slew rate for a smoother structure, and a character that just feels better than the original Expandora.
Then there are three toggles that enhance the tweak-ability even further. The cut/flat toggle gives you the option to cut the low end frequencies to better sit in the mix. When in the “flat” position, the bass response is much beefier than the original Expandora for those heavy guitar riffs or bass grit.
The G1 and G2 toggles let you select various forms of distortion via select resistance values that switch in and out in the clipping section of the circuit. This method is very different than your normal diode clipping selectors that you commonly see on drive pedals. This gives you multiple configurations and tonal options, helping the Kilt V2 cover light transparent drive all the way to a wall of fat fuzz/distortion and everything found in-between.
- When both toggles are down, you are in the lightest gain setting. Amp-like chimey breakup.
- G1 flipped up adds a touch of drive for more riffy grit.
- G2 flipped up puts you almost into distortion land, with more saturation and sustain for lead tones.
- Both toggles flipped up sends the Kilt V2 into almost uncontrollable gated fuzz/distortion that will cut through anything. For the V2 JHS added the ability to switch the G2 toggle with a Red Remote. This gives you the ability to flip into heavy overdrive or fuzz with a footswitch on the fly, making the V2 just as versatile as the V1 but more compact.
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.