- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Moog MF-102 Moogerfooger Ring Modulator
- Write a Review
- 158331 000000000 158331000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Moog MF-102 Ring Modulator is a direct descendant of the original Moog modular synthesizers. It contains three complete modular functions: a ring...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Gives you unlimited new sounds.
The Moog MF-102 Ring Modulator is a direct descendant of the original Moog modular synthesizers. It contains three complete modular functions: a ring modulator, a voltage-controlled carrier oscillator, and voltage-controlled dual-waveform LFO. It can be used to process any instrument-level to line-level signal.
A ring modulator produces sum and difference frequencies between the audio input and a carrier oscillator. The ring modulator's LFO can be used to modulate the carrier frequency. The Moogerfooger Ring Modulator can create effects ranging from subtle tremolo to harmonically rich distortion, gong-like sounds, sweeps, swoops, and divebombs. It can be subtle, or outlandish in its use - you decide!
The Moogerfooger Ring Modulator's control parameters are signal mix, carrier frequency, LFO rate, and LFO amount. All of the ring modulator's parameters can be controlled by the great feeling knobs that beg to be tweaked as well as with expression pedals or external control voltages. Panel switches select LFO waveform and carrier frequency range. 1/4" jacks are provided for audio input and output, pedal/control inputs, carrier input and carrier output. The heavy-duty yet smooth acting bypass switch allows tabletop or floor use.
Imagine that the ring modulator's carrier oscillator is producing a 500 Hz sine wave, and your input signal is a 100 Hz sine wave. The ring modulator's output will be a complex waveform. You will hear two pitches: 400 Hz and 600 Hz. You will not hear your original input or the carrier oscillator.
Power supply is included for use with 110 VAC.
- Frequency rotary control, which varies the carrier frequency over a six-octave range.
- Rate rotary control, which varies the LFO's frequency from 0.1 Hz to 25 Hz.
- LFO Amount rotary control, which adjusts the amount that the LFO output sweeps the carrier oscillator.
- Mix rotary control, which crossfades continuously from unmodulated to modulated audio.
- Drive rotary control, which adjusts the gain of the audio input.
- Square-Sine rocker switch, which chooses the LFO waveform.
- Lo-Hi rocker switch, which chooses between the low frequency carrier range (2 Hz to 130 Hz) and the high frequency carrier range (60 Hz to 4,000 Hz).
- Level, a three-color LED that is used to set the DRIVE control.
- LFO, a LED that indicates the LFO rate.
- Bypoass, a two-color LED that tells whether the ring modulator is on or bypassed.
- On/Bypass, a rugged, smooth-acting stomp switch
Order today and moogify your music.
- 6"W x 2-1/2"H x 6"D
- 2 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.