- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MXR M294 Sugar Drive Mini Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- #L04917 000000000 L04917000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The MXR Sugar Drive is for players who love the sonic synergy of their guitar and amplifier but want even more of that sound. You spent years chasing...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Pour some sugar on your tone with this modern-day take on a classic overdrive.
The MXR Sugar Drive is for players who love the sonic synergy of their guitar and amplifier but want even more of that sound. You spent years chasing it, and now you need a way to make it more focused and more robust. A way to make it that much sweeter. Look no further than the Sugar Drive.
It’s based on a rare pedal that has acquired a mythical reputation among fanatical tone-seekers thanks to its unique circuit design. Key elements of that design are its Drive control and voltage doubler. The Drive control replicates the smooth transition of an amplifier going from clean to dirty by blending the overdrive effect with your clean signal as you turn it up. The voltage doubler increases overall headroom, which opens everything up nicely for a clear and transparent range of tones that you can dial in depending on what you need from your rig, from uncolored boosting to rich, smooth overdrive.
Of course, the designers had to give this circuit the MXR touch. If you’re all about true bypass, then you’re in luck—this pedal uses it by default. The original used buffered bypass, though, and the engineers know there are a lot of players out there who don’t want to fix something that isn’t broken. They’re in luck, too—just flick the Buffer switch on the side of the pedal to enable buffered bypassing.
With a simple three-knob setup and an MXR mini housing, this is the overdrive pedal to bring out the best of your rig and make it come alive. It’s versatile and it saves space, and unlike the original pedals it’s based on, it won’t cost you thousands of dollars.
- Brings out the best of your guitar and amp sound
- Based on a rare and elusive overdrive circuit
- Diverse range of tones, from boosting to overdrive
- Blends in clean signal to maintain your guitar’s personality
- Buffer switch toggles between true & buffered bypass switching
- Clear and transparent performance
- Increased headroom for dynamic, wide-open sound
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.