- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MOD REX Polyrhythmic Modulator Effects Pedal
Condition 1 - Mint
- L40731 004000000 L40731004000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Electro-Harmonix MOD REX is a kinetic tour-de-force that lets you weave compelling, shifting, musical tapestries. Whether you are a guitarist, sy...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Add a wealth of depth and modulation to your sound from one convenient pedal.
The Electro-Harmonix MOD REX is a kinetic tour-de-force that lets you weave compelling, shifting, musical tapestries. Whether you are a guitarist, synthesist or electronic musician you will find it inspires your creativity and stretches your musical boundaries.
Four Independent Modulation Sections
The heart of the pedal are its four, independent modulation sections synced in time, they are:
MOD features great sounding EHX Vibrato, Flanger, Chorus or Phaser. The Depth knob lets you set the amount of the effect while Feedback controls the resonance of the Flanger and Phaser.
TREM delivers tremolo, an effect that modulates the volume of your signal. The Depth control sets tremolo intensity.
PAN modulates between left and right in stereo operation. In mono operation the PAN section acts as another tremolo section, but with the wave shapes all inverted!
FILTER offers a choice of a modulated LPF, HPF or BPF. In LPF (low pass filter) frequencies above a modulated cutoff point are cut. In HPF (high pass filter) frequencies below a modulated cutoff point are cut, and in BPF (band pass filter) frequencies above and below a modulated center point are cut.
Each section also features a choice of four LFO shape options: rising sawtooth, triangle, falling sawtooth or square wave. They affect the way the modulation transitions and provide advanced creative control over the specific section as well as the way they interact with each other.
Tempo Control that's Flexible and Powerful
The MOD REX delivers virtually limitless polyrhythmic possibilities.
Its TEMPO component gives you nine note-length choices for each of the four modulation sections. They are independently selectable in increments starting at a whole note and ranging thru subdivisions that go up to a 16th note. In addition, any of the sections can be bypassed.
The MOD REX’s tempo (displayed as beats per minute or BPM) is adjustable with the Tempo knob, Tap Tempo footswitch or by using an expression pedal into its EXP input. It can also be synced to an external device with MIDI Clock or an external pulse clock.
MIDI and the Mod Rex
The pedal’s robust MIDI implementation enables you to sync devices quickly and easily as well as automate functions and changes so they occur precisely when and where you want them whether you are working at home, in a studio or live.
The MOD REX accepts MIDI to enable it to tempo sync the modulation rate with an external device, to recall presets via MIDI Program Change messages and to control any parameter on the MOD REX via Control Change messages.
The MOD REX lets you save and recall up to 100 presets. It comes from the factory with xx great programs.
The pedal features full stereo input and output.
An external foot controller input makes banking up and down thru presets quick and easy.
Call or click to order today!
- Up to four simultaneous modulation sections synced in time.
- MOD section offers a choice of Vibrato, Flanger, Chorus or Phaser
- Standalone Tremolo, Modulated Panning and Modulated Filter sections.
- 9 tempo subdivision options for each modulation section.
- 4 LFO shape options for each modulation section
- 100 storable presets
- Full stereo input and output
- Tap Tempo and Tempo Sync to an external device with MIDI Clock or an external pulse clock
- Full MIDI control of all parameters and recalling of presets
- External expression pedal input
- External foot controller input to bank presets up and down
- 9.6VDC/200mA power supply included
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.