- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Resotron Filter Effects Pedal
Condition 1 - Mint
- L46976 004000000 L46976004000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Pigtronix Resotron is a multi-mode filter that brings the analog sounds of '70s era synthesizers to the world of envelope pedals for guitar, bass and...Click To Read More About This Product
(Open Box) Add some awesome vintage synth tones to your signal.
Pigtronix Resotron is a multi-mode filter that brings the analog sounds of '70s era synthesizers to the world of envelope pedals for guitar, bass and beyond. Resotron is the first envelope pedal that can be made to follow the pitch of the notes you play. This pitch-following ability causes the filter to move around based on what notes you choose to play, just like an old-school analog keyboard synthesizer. UP and DOWN envelope modes are also included to perform the more traditional, velocity-sensitive filter movement that responds to how hard you hit the strings.
A push-button OSCILLATE function turns the Resotron into an analog synthesizer pedal. This mode shorts out the PEAK knob, effectively setting it to 100% while simultaneously activating a voltage-controlled amplifier (VCA) in the output stage. With the OSCILLATE function turned on, the CUTOFF knob sets the tuning of the synth effect while the VCA instantly follows the volume of your input signal. The synthesizer sounds created by the Resotron can also be radically altered by switching between the LPF, BPF and HPF modes, each of which has its own distinctive waveform and modulation characteristics when overdriven by the on-board compressor.
The multi-mode filter at the heart of the Resotron can be set to Low Pass (LPF), Band Pass (BPF) or High Pass (HPF) modes. Each of these voices has a distinctive character which can be manipulated by adjusting the PEAK knob to emphasize frequencies below, at or above the position of the CUTOFF knob. As the PEAK is increased, the resonance or “Q” of the filter becomes more extreme, up to the point of self-oscillation. A SENSITIVY control sets how dramatically the pedal will respond to playing dynamics in the UP and DOWN envelope modes, while a GLIDE control allows you to set how long it takes for the filter to move between notes in the PITCH mode.
Before the signal from the input of the pedal hits the filter inside the Resotron, it passes through an optical compression stage derived from the Philosopher’s Tone pedal. The increased volume and punch from the compressor can then be mixed into the audio signal using the BLEND control without affecting the SENSITIVITY of the envelope. Resotron accepts active CV and passive TRS expression pedal inputs for foot-controlled filter sweeps and outboard modulation which is mixed in parallel with the on-board pitch-following and amplitude tracking systems. The Resotron also features a TRIGGER (aka Sidechain) input which enables the musician to use an external audio source to modulate the filter.
Call or click to order today!
- 24db/oct Filter based on the SSM2040 chip
- Low Pass, Band Pass & High Pass Filter options
- Velocity controlled UP & DOWN envelope modes
- Pitch Following envelope function with variable GLIDE
- BLEND control mixes in Philosopher’s Tone compression
- Expression pedal / 0-5V CV input modulates CUTOFF
- OSCILLATE mode for monophonic synth sounds
- Sidechain TRIGGER input for external audio
- Hardwired True Bypass Switching
- 18VDC Power Supply Included
- 100% Analog Design
- Circuit Design by Nick Cote
- Sound Design by David Koltai
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.