- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Xotic Effects X-Blender Switchable Series/Parallel Loop Pedal
- Write a Review
- H81678 000000000 H81678000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The X-Blender Switchable Series/Parallel Loop Pedal from Xotic is a professional solution to the signal deterioration when playing through a chain of...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An effects loop that adds serious control and true bypass to your signal chain.
The X-Blender Switchable Series/Parallel Loop Pedal from Xotic is a professional solution to the signal deterioration when playing through a chain of effects. Because of the narrow dynamic range and multiple filtering, these effects greatly disturb the directness and trueness of the guitar signal.
Pro-audio mixers standardized "Aux send/return" function helps solve this problem. This preserved the integrity of the guitar's signal and dynamics by feeding the effect with the signal separate from the main signal.
The X-Blender incorporates pro-audio engineering technology to solve the sonic imperfection some effects produce and was designed to be completely transparent. You'll be amazed by the clarity of the sound!
The X-Blender is a unique tool for the modern guitar / bass player. It's a switch-able series-parallel loop unit. A parallel effects loop allows you to mix or blend the effects with a dry signal (unaffected signal), creating a far more complex tone from your guitar.
For Series Mode activation connect the send jack to the input of the effect. Connect the output jack of the effect with the return jack on the X-Blender. The series loop is active when the red LED bypass switch is lit and the blue LED blend switch is off. In the series mode, all the controls are disabled. The input signal and the output signal are not buffered in this mode.
For Parallel Mode activation the device is connected the same way as above but the blend on/off is switched on. This switch activates the DRY / WET Mix knob that controls the mixture of the DRY signal (unaffected signal) and the effect signal. As you turn the mix knob to the left, you get more DRY signal. Turn the knob to the right, you have more WET signal. This mode is very handy when your effect device thins out the bass or drops the volume. You can reinforce it with the DRY signal and / or adjust the 2 band EQ and the volume control to accommodate the effect signal.
Volume adjusts the main output only when the blend switch is activated. As the above diagram shows, the volume affects both the direct and effect signal.
Boost Switch will give +6dB of volume boost. This function will only work when the blend switch is on.
Treble / Bass controls treble and bass of the effect signal. This two band EQ is activated when the blend switch is turned on.
Phase Inv. Switch This function can be used with vintage type wah or vintage type booster effect. These devices have output signal that are normally out of phase, without phase correction the signals could not be combined properly with the DRYsignal.
- Adds true bypass to your signal chain
- Offers foot adjustable blend control between your wet and dry signals
- Bass, Treble and Volume controls to compensate for pedal board signal loss
- All analog for zero latency in your dry signal
- Designed to work with most stomp boxes
If getting the most from your effects is important, you'll love this. Order today.
- Input impedance: 1M ohm
- Output impedance: 1K ohm
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack,
- AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Width: 4.62 inches (117mm)
- Depth: 3.65 inches (93mm)
- Height: 2 inches (50mm)
- Weight: 0.86lbs. (0.39kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.