- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ZVex Hand-Painted LO-FI Loop Junky Guitar Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
- H72246 000000000 H72246000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Lo-Fi Loop Junky loop pedal from ZVex really is low-fidelity-the recording of your guitar is filled with hiss, moan, distortion, and warped-recor...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Low-fidelity hiss and lots of it without digital compression.
The Lo-Fi Loop Junky loop pedal from ZVex really is low-fidelity-the recording of your guitar is filled with hiss, moan, distortion, and warped-record strangeness, but everyone will be able to tell the loop from your real guitar. Because the processing of your direct guitar is done with a specialized bootstrap circuit with the very highest impedance circuit ZVex has developed, your direct guitar will have detail incomparable with anything you've heard before. The juxtaposition of your direct guitar against the smashed, distorted, shimmering, warbling recording of the loop mechanism will make it clear once and for all who is the guitarist and what is the machinery.
There are distinct advantages and disadvantages to this tiny, battery-saving looper pedal. You may only record one loop. There is no sound-on-sound available with this technology. But, if you unplug your cables, take out the battery, and bury it for a hundred years, the last loop you recorded will still be there when you drag yourself out of the grave and plug it in for the centennial resurrection gig. That's because the ZVex Lo-Fi Loop Junky uses really bizarre technology that literally crams analog signals into static digital storage cells without analog-to-digital conversion. It's pure analog storage, just like the old bucket-brigade technology, for 20 seconds straight.
Note: Due to the nature of each hand-painted Lo-Fi Loop Junky pedal, there may be a slight difference in design from the posted image.
- Hand-painted artwork
- Records up to 20 seconds of your performance
- Allows you to initiate and finish a recording at any moment with a stomp switch, when activated
- Begins looping a few thousandths of a second after the record process is finished
- Remembers your loop even when unplugged or with the battery removed, for up to 100 years
- True bypass
- The true-bypass switch initiates loop playback from the sample's beginning at any time
- vibrato with speed and depth controls, allowing a vibrato/chorus/Leslie-like shimmer
- Very slow vibrato speed for warped-record effects, to very fast for jiggly playback
- Real clocked-analog recording with no analog-to-digital conversion
- Records using velvety compression for a smooth organ-like sound
- Allows overdriven recording of storage cells using "record level" control
- a tone control that rolls off hiss and other annoying artifacts for burbling, mellow samples
- Gorgeously transparent guitar preamp built-in to give your direct guitar a glistening finish
- Really small footprint, like a fuzz factory
- Draws as little as 2 mA from the battery when in bypass mode, and about 12 mA when activated
- Features aliasing artifacts, distortion, hiss, out-of-tune effects, strange behavior, and long battery life
- Allows loop erasure during bypass, resulting in a looping hiss sample
- Never sounds like what you played into it”always alters the original tone and dynamics
- No learning curve”5 simple knobs, 2 stomp-switches for bypass and record, and a safety switch
- Hiss”and lots of it
- Simple LED status indicator
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.