- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
ESP LTD B-1004 Multi-scale Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L49132 000001000 L49132000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The first thing you’ll notice about the B-1004 Multi-Scale will likely be its unusual arrangement of frets. A multi-scale fret design optimizes strin...Click To Read More About This Product
Optimized string tension and better playability for the serious bassist.
The first thing you’ll notice about the B-1004 Multi-Scale will likely be its unusual arrangement of frets. A multi-scale fret design optimizes string tension so that the lower strings have a longer scale compared to the higher strings, resulting in consistently excellent tone and performance at all points across the fingerboard.
Bass players often report that a multi-scale design is also ergonomically preferential to standard fret designs, and that they feel natural to play, with very little learning curve required.
Designed for professional players, the B-1004 Multi-Scale provides a swamp ash body with a top made of solid ziricote, an environmentally friendly and terrific-looking tonewood.
These basses also employ a five-piece wenge/purple heart neck with pau ferro fingerboard, constructed at 36.25" to 34" scale for the B-1004 Multi-Scale.
Its high-end components include a black bone nut, Gotoh tuners, and Hipshot Solo bridge, as well as a set of acclaimed Nordstrand Big Splits hum-cancelling pickups, along with an ABQ-3MS 3-band EQ.
This setup gives you incredible flexibility in tone, with an active/passive mini-switch, a mid-frequency selection mini-switch (800Hz or 400Hz), individual bass, treble, and mid EQ controls, and master volume and balance controls. Available in Natural Satin finish. Case sold separately.
Take your bass playing to a whole new level with ESP. Order today.
- Shape: Thin U
- Wood: 5pc Wenge/Purple Heart
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: Multi-scale
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: Nordstrand Big Splits
- Bridge: Nordstrand Big Splits
- Brand: Nordstrand
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Yes
- Material: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 15.75 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone black
- Nut width: 1.65 in. (42 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, blend, 3-band EQ
- Pickup switch: No
- Special switching: Yes
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Hipshot solo
- Tuning machines: Gotoh
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Multi-scale fingerboard
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.