- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Custom Shop 1961 Jazz Bass Heavy Relic
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L42534 000001000 L42534000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Originally released in 1960, the Jazz Bass was a robust-sounding, smooth-playing successor to the P Bass. The 1961 Jazz Bass Heavy Relic is an homage...Click To Read More About This Product
The next best thing.
Originally released in 1960, the Jazz Bass was a robust-sounding, smooth-playing successor to the P Bass. The 1961 Jazz Bass Heavy Relic is an homage to this iconic instrument, complete with vintage-style concentric knobs, and for the purists—felt mute tips in the case candy. The two-piece alder body is crafted from tone wood selected for its light weight and attractive grain, and wears a Heavy Relic lacquer finish, giving it the look and feel of a well-played vintage model with a long service life. The fast-playing, tinted quartersawn maple neck sports a “ ’60 J Bass U”-shaped profile, along with a modern 9.5”-radius fingerboard and 20 medium-jumbo frets that grant it a familiar feel. Packed with authentic Jazz Bass tone, the pair of Hand-Wound Vintage Jazz Bass pickups growl with pure power.
Other features include 4-ply Tortoiseshell pickguard, vintage-style J Bass bridge with threaded steel saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
Musician's Friend Private Reserve Guitars are your gateway to some of the world's most exclusive, hand-built, custom and semi-custom instruments. This carefully curated collection of spectacular guitars and basses contains many extremely limited-edition and unique one-off instruments that you won't find anywhere else. The world's major custom shops are represented here, as well as many top-flight small builders and individual luthiers. Our PRG associates are specially trained to provide you with detailed information about any guitar or bass in the collection, so you can be sure you're choosing the special instrument that's perfect for you. Call now, and have the instrument of your dreams in your hands as soon as tomorrow.
Own the best. Order today.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Lacquer
- Neck: Quartersawn Maple with Slab Rosewood Fingerboard, 1960 Jazz Bass “U” Shape and 9.5” (241mm) Radius
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Pickups: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge), Custom Shop Hand-Wound Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Neck)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Included: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.