Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Fender Custom Shop Masterbuilt Jason Smith Offset Telecaster Bass Journeyman Relic Faded Aged Sonic Bluetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Shop by Serial Number:
Fender Custom Shop Masterbuilt Jason Smith Offset Telecaster Bass Journeyman Relic Faded Aged Sonic Blue
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A glorious creation to inspire the dedicated bass player.
Musician's Friend Private Reserve Guitars are your gateway to some of the world's most exclusive, hand-built, custom and semi-custom instruments. This carefully curated collection of spectacular guitars and basses contains many extremely limited-edition and unique one-off instruments that you won't find anywhere else. The world's major custom shops are represented here, as well as many top-flight small builders and individual luthiers. Our PRG associates are specially trained to provide you with detailed information about any guitar in the collection, so you can be sure you're choosing the special instrument that's perfect for you. Call now, and have the instrument of your dreams in your hands as soon as tomorrow.
A Custom Shop veteran and son of longtime Fender R&D legend Dan Smith, Jason Smith grew up on Fender—“It has always been in my family,” he said, “And I was always extremely interested in everything my father did.”
Born in Rochester, N.Y., and raised in California, Smith remembers meeting guitar greats from about age five on through his father’s work with Fender—Eric Clapton, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jeff Beck and Robben Ford, to name only a few. He went to his first big rock concert at age six—Rush—and Smith remembers going backstage with his dad and meeting Geddy Lee after the show. Before he was even in his teens, Smith was going to see Pink Floyd, ZZ Top and many other major artists.
Rock music and Fender are part of his DNA. Smith joined the Fender Custom Shop in 1995, and in 2006 completed a five-year apprenticeship under acclaimed Senior Master Builder John English. Among many diverse projects with English, Smith worked on a pair of double-neck Stratocaster guitars for Stone Temple Pilots guitarist Dean DeLeo. He has since crafted fine instruments for players and acts including John 5, Michael Landau, Flea, Josh Klinghoffer, Geddy Lee, Steve Harris, Reggie Hamilton, Linkin Park, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Neon Trees and many others.
Own this special Telecaster bass. Order today.
Masterbuilt Jason Smith Offset Telecaster Bass Journeyman Relic Specifications:General
- Master Builder: Jason Smith
- Finish Package: Journeyman Relic
- Plating: Chrome/Nickel Hardware
- Right/Left Hand: Right Hand
- Bass Case: FCS P Bass Tweed
- Body Spread: Ash Roasted
- Choose Single or Multi Color: Single Color
- Body Finish: Nitro Lacquer
- Body: Jazzmaster Body Perimeter;
- Body: 3/8” Radius; Tele Control Route
- Body: Custom Classic String Thru
- Body: Ferrules; P/J P/U Routes
- Body: Am Std T-Rod Divot
- Standard or Custom Bridge: Standard Bridge Assembly
- Bass Bridge Assemblies: Rsd Dlx Bass Chr CC
- Neck Pickups: H/W 62 P-Bass CC
- Mid Pickups: None
- Bridge Pickups: H/W Vint J-Bass Lead Cc
- Bass Control Assemblies: None
- Neck Plate: Bass R Ser Vint CC
- Bass Backplate/Tremolo Cover: None
- Rear Control Cover: None
- Strap Locks: No Strap Locks
- Bass Knobs: 52 Tele Knurled Chrome
- Bass Keys: See
- String Sets for Bass: 045-065-080-100
- Hardware: Key Bass New Dlx Mod Taper Long
- Hardware: Football Side Input Jack
- Hardware: Tele Controls-Vol Has Push/Pull
- Hardware: To Bypass Tone; Master Tone;
- Hardware: 3 Way Switch
- Standard or Custom Neck: Custom Neck
- Like Standard Bass Neck? 55 P-Bass CC/Rel
- Neck Finish: Nitro Lacquer
- Bass Neck Blanks: Qtr Sawn
- Bass Fretboards: None
- Bass Truss Rods: 10-24x23 .875 Thread
- Head Style: Tele
- Neck Head Thickness: 0.580”
- Neck Scoop: 51
- Dot Spacing: Wide
- Face Dot: Micarta Black .250
- Side Dot: Micarta Black 3/32”
- Bass Fret Wire: Med. Jumbo Use
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.50” Radius
- Back Shape Bass: 60 P-Bass Oval “C”
- Neck Nut Width: 1.500”
- Neck Thickness At 1st Fret: .850”
- Neck Thickness At 12th Fret: .990”
- Neck Butt Width: 2.500”
- Bass Nut: Bone
- Number of Bolts: 4 Bolt
- Bind Head Cap: No
- Bind Fingerboard: No
- Decals: Headcap for Bass Vintage P Bass
- Standard or Custom Pickguard: Custom
- Pickguard Material Custom: Custom Pick Guard Material
- Pickguard Material: Blk 1-Ply Phenolic Laminate
- Option: Flat Pole P & J Bass P/U's
- Option: No Bevel; Alnico V;10,800 Turns
- Option: Enamel Wire; H/W by Josefina
- Option: 50's Tele Switch Tip
- Option: Custom P/G Shape
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.