- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Parallel Universe '51 Telecaster PJ Bass with Maple Fingerboard Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- L10642 000001000 L10642000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Looking like it just stepped out of a DeLorean time machine, the limited-edition '51 Telecaster PJ Bass updates a classic design with thunderous mode...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A powerful addition to any bassist’s stable.
Looking like it just stepped out of a DeLorean time machine, the limited-edition '51 Telecaster PJ Bass updates a classic design with thunderous modern tone and enhanced feel. The authentic style extends from the distinctive single-ply black pickguard to the dual-concentric volume knobs and vintage spaghetti logo on the headstock—original-era touches brought into the present. It’s punchy, growling, seismic and like nothing you’ve heard or seen before.
Two Custom Shop pickups give this bass its rumbling power—a ‘60s Jazz Bass single coil bridge pickup and ‘60s P Bass split-coil middle pickup bring the thunder, shaped by chrome-dome dual-concentric volume controls and a master tone control. The 34”-scale Telecaster bass maple neck has an American Vintage “ ’63 P Bass”-shaped profile, along with a modern 9.5”-radius fingerboard for enhanced playing feel, topped with narrow-tall frets black dot position markers. The HiMass Vintage bridge uses vintage-style nickel-plated brass saddles for enhanced Fender tone.
The '51 Telecaster PJ Bass comes to you straight from the heart of rock ‘n’ roll. Includes a hardshell case and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Shape: 1963 C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin nitrocellulose
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: Not applicable
- Middle: Custom Shop ‘60s Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Bridge: Custom Shop ‘60s Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Brand: Fender
- Series or parallel: Series
- Active preamp: No
- Special electronics: Dual Concentric Volumes, Master Tone
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Narrow tall
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.625 in. (41.3mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Ash
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Gloss nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Dual concentric volumes, master tone
- Pickup switch: Not applicable
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: High-mass adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Fender lightweight vintage-style keys with tapered shafts
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Travel to a Parallel Universe with Fender. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.