- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Player Mustang PJ Bass with Pau Ferro Fingerboard
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L72166 000001000 L72166000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Since its original release in 1964, the Mustang has been one of Fender’s most enduring bass designs, appearing in the hands of bassists for acts rang...Click To Read More About This Product
4-string electric bass with two different Fender-designed pickups and pau ferro fingerboard
Since its original release in 1964, the Mustang has been one of Fender’s most enduring bass designs, appearing in the hands of bassists for acts ranging from The Rolling Stones to My Chemical Romance and beyond. The updated short-scale Player Mustang PJ version adds the company's proprietary P Bass and J Bass pickups to this compact underground hero.
The punchy single-coil P Bass pickup combines with the growling J Bass jazz pickup for the best of both sonic worlds. The 30” scale length is comfortable for smaller hands, and it also reduces string tension, creating a looser feel that lends itself to nimble playing styles. Plus, the reduced tension adds a fat, “blooming” quality to the lower notes and sweetens the higher notes. Topped by a 9.5”-radius pau ferro fingerboard with 19 medium-jumbo frets, the “C”-shaped maple neck is designed for comfort.
Thanks to the smaller body, the Player Mustang PJ bass easily fits players with smaller frames while maintaining Fender’s classic stylistic appeal. The compact size is also great for energetic stage performances, thanks to its light weight. In a nod to its roots, this modernized instrument includes vintage-style Fender tuning machines and a vintage-style disc string tree, along with a four-bolt neck plate and standard four-saddle bridge—all finished in gleaming chrome.
A classic instrument, upgraded with features for the modern bassist, the short-scale Fender Mustang PJ electric bass is sure to please with its flexible sound, easy-playing feel and slick style.
- Solid-body alder bass in compact "Mustang" shape
- Precision and Jazz pickups by Fender, arranged in SS configuration
- Pau ferro fingerboard with short 30" scale for increased comfort
- Compact, lightweight body allows freer movement on stage
- Vintage-style Fender tuners and disc tree
- Master volume and tone knobs, plus 3-way switching
A storied underground hero, retooled for the modern player. Order now.
- Body shape: Double Cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Solid Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: C
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 30"
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 19
- Inlays: White Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.5 in. (38.1 mm) Synthetic Bone
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Master volume, Master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Individual saddle
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel/Chrome
- Number of strings: 4 String
- Orientation: Right handed
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.