- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
G&L CLF Research L-2000 Maple Fingerboard Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L28785 000001000 L28785000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In the late 1970s, Clarence Leo Fender was looking forward to launching his new G&L brand featuring his latest innovations including Magnetic Fie...Click To Read More About This Product
Classic style and modern tone-tweaking.
In the late 1970s, Clarence Leo Fender was looking forward to launching his new G&L brand featuring his latest innovations including Magnetic Field Design pickups and the Saddle Lock bridge. Leo developed these technologies at his CLF™ Research company, and production of the new G&L instruments took place in the CLF Research factory on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, where G&L production continues today.
The new CLF Research L-2000 is a fully modern “2k” that pays homage to its roots with classic details including the early CLF/G&L headstock and neck profile, beautifully reproduced CLF knobs and '81 control plate, and color-coded mini toggle switch tips. Thin urethane finish choices are Candy Apple Red or Jet Black over basswood, Natural Ash, and faded 3-Tone Sunburst over Okoume.
- Basswood or ash body dependent on finish
- Hard rock maple neck with maple fingerboard, 9.5" radius
- Dual humbuckers with 3-position active EQ, parallel/series switch
- Leo Fender-designed G&L bridge and custom tuners
Grab this versatile bass. Order today.
- Shape: Slim C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Switchable
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Middle: Magnetic Field Design
- Bridge: Magnetic Field Design
- Brand: G&L
- Series or parallel: Both
- Active preamp: Active/passive switch
- Special electronics: 2-band EQ
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.625 in. (41.3 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Basswood or Ash dependant on color
- Top wood: Basswood or Ash dependant on color
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, 2-band EQ
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: Yes
- Special switching: Preamp on/off
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups, Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.