Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Hofner H500/1 Vintage 1964 Violin Electric Bass Guitar Sunbursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
An iconic bass with a slim neck and warm, woody tone.
In 1956, Walter Hofner had an idea for a violin shaped semi-acoustic bass. Launched at that years Frankfurt Music Show, his idea revolutionized popular music and with continuous production from 1956 this bass is one of the few guitars available today that can trace it's origins back to the very beginning of rock 'n' roll.
Many players revere Hofner's Violin Bass as a legend because of its historical significance and its warm, woody, double-bass-like amplified tone. For a detailed chronology of the Violin Bass' role in the British Invasion, check out Backbeat Books Beatles Gear: All The Fab Four's Instruments From Stage To Studio (SKU#H64162). The Hofner Violin Bass is a unique instrument with a smooth, sweet sound and a playing ease that simply eludes most ordinary basses.
- Authentic replica of the '64 model
- German spruce top
- White celluloid neck binding
- Flame maple back and sides
- 2-piece maple neck
- Rosewood fretboard
- Mother-of-pearl dots fretboard inlays
- 22 frets
- 30" scale length
- 1-5/8" nut width
- Ebony bridge
- Brass tailpiece
- Floating celluloid pickguard
- 2 'Staple' humbucking pickups
- Electronics: 2 volume controls, 2 on/off switches, rhythm/solo switch for volume boost
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Antique-brown sunburst finish
- Case included
Don't accept imitations: order the real Hofner Violin Bass today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.