- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez AFR4WAP Affirma Bass with Piezo Bridge
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L45234 000001000 L45234000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In the early '90s, Ibanez broke into the high-end boutique bass market with its unique concept of the Affirma bass. The compact and lightweight body,...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Boutique design and exceptional tone.
In the early '90s, Ibanez broke into the high-end boutique bass market with its unique concept of the Affirma bass. The compact and lightweight body, designed by Swiss Luither Rolf Spuler resulted in a bass with an elegant feel enhanced by its beautiful streamline shape. The Affirma was created to meet the critical demands of musicians who require a natural sounding, sensitive instrument with wide dynamic range and effortless playability during even the longest performances. Additionally, the instrument should look as distinctive as it sounds.
Now Ibanez proudly revives the Affirma bass with modern upgrades. The walnut body provides a tight response and warm sound with a firm low end. The neck is three pieces of maple with two graphite rods inside for added stability, and jointed to half of the body. It's called “half neck-through” construction, which helps to reduce sacrificing the body’s vibration and adds enough sustain to its tone. The ebony fretboard on the neck provides a tight response. The neck end adjustment allows you to adjust the neck easily without loosening the strings.
The AeroSilk MR5 bridge has unique saddles, which were designed to work in concert with the piezo pickups and enhance the acoustic "stand-up" quality of the sound. Also, the bridge allows for a wide intonation adjustment range, and each isolated bridge is securely locked down to the body for maximum vibration transfer without interference.
Bartolini pickup split coil design deliver a deep and punchy tone. With its combination of the piezo and magnetic pickup, the 2-band EQ assists the bassist in finding the perfect tone. Other features include special thumb rest the body. Includes hardshell case.
- 4-string model with all walnut body designed for tight response and warm sound
- 3-piece maple neck with half neck-through construction adds sustain
- Ebony fretboard provides smooth feel and tight response
- Bartolini split-coil pickup and AeroSilk piezo bridge promises maximum versatility
If you like its looks, you'll love its sound. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.