- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez EHB1005MS 5-String Multi-Scale Ergonomic Headless Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L72438 000001000 L72438000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Ibanez EHB1005MS multi-scale 5-string bass features an American Basswood body and the 5-piece roasted Maple/Walnut neck for well-balanced tone an...Click To Read More About This Product
Modern design and advanced electronics for the progressive multi-scale bassist.
The Ibanez EHB1005MS multi-scale 5-string bass features an American Basswood body and the 5-piece roasted Maple/Walnut neck for well-balanced tone and clear attack. The Roasted Maple in the neck is heat-treated to increase stability, durability, moisture resistance, and tolerance of temperature changes. The Roasted Maple fretboard is also heat-treated for a balanced attack and rich sustain. Highly durable stainless steel frets accentuate tonal brightness and will not rust. Luminescent side dot inlays provide clear visibility in dark environments and the truss rod adjustment is located at the end of neck for easy access.
The EHB’s headless construction and specially designed body enable the player to maintain a similar playing position whether seated or standing. Its contoured, ergonomic design and chambered body make for a lightweight, well-balanced, and comfortable instrument that’s excellent for long sets or practice session. There is extra carving on the back of the body behind the lower horn for easier upper fret access. Also, the top half of the back of the body is slanted which allows the bass to rest slight closer to the player’s body for better control and a more ergonomic feel.
The electronics consist of Bartolini BH2 humbuckers and a 3-band active EQ with a variable mid-frequency for wide-reaching tonal flexibility. There is also an EQ bypass switch for passive operation with the treble control acting as a passive tone control when the EQ is bypassed.
The MR5HS bridge is designed especially for the EHB basses and features wide intonation range. Each bridge piece is independently and securely attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer, and the saddles are adjustable for string spacing +/-1.5mm. Teflon washers are used on each tuner for a smooth tuning action.
Schaller S-Lock strap lock pins and a Neutrik locking jack hold the strap and cable securely, and a detachable finger ramp and a gig bag are included with each instrument.
Experience multi-scale and great tone. Order today.
- Multi-scale design
- EHB 5pc Roasted Maple/Walnut neck with Graphite reinforcement rods
- Selected light weight American Basswood top/Selected light weight American Basswood body
- Nut width: 45mm
- Roasted Birds Eye Maple fretboard with Abalone off-set dot
- Medium Stainless Steel frets
- Bartolini BH2 pickups
- Vari-mid 3-band EQ
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- MR5HS bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Black hardware
- Schaller S-Locks strap pins
- Luminescent side dot inlay
- Finger Ramp included
- Factory Tuning: 1G, 2D, 3A, 4E, 5B
- String Gauge: 45-65-85-105-130
- Gig bag included
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.