- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez EHB1506MS 6-String Multi-Scale Ergonomic Headless Bass
Black Ice Flat
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L72595 000001000 L72595000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Ibanez EHB1506MS 6-string multi-scale bass features a figured Poplar Burl top on an African Mahogany body. This combination offers warm tones and...Click To Read More About This Product
Modern design, upgraded electronics and exotic for the progressive 6-string multi-scale bassist.
The Ibanez EHB1506MS 6-string multi-scale bass features a figured Poplar Burl top on an African Mahogany body. This combination offers warm tones and rich resonance. A 9-piece Panga Panga/Walnut neck imparts strong attack with tight low-end, while the Panga Panga fretboard delivers ample sustain. Highly durable stainless steel frets accentuate tonal brightness and will not rust. The luminescent side dot inlays are easy to see in dark environments and the truss rod adjustment is located at the end of neck for easy access.
The EHB’s headless construction and specially designed body enable the player to maintain a similar playing position whether seated or standing. Its contoured, ergonomic design and chambered body make for a lightweight, well-balanced, and comfortable instrument that’s excellent for long sets or practice session. There is extra carving on the back of the body behind the lower horn for easier upper fret access. Also, the top half of the back of the body is slanted which allows the bass to rest slight closer to the player’s body for better control and a more ergonomic feel. The multi-scale design delivers even string tension and comfortable fretting, facilitating a quick, smooth playing action.
The Nordstrand Big Split linear humbuckers supply a punchy, powerful, and well-balanced tone, with tonal characteristics between a P and J pickup. The Nordstrands are paired with a 3-band active EQ with a variable mid-frequency. There is also an EQ bypass switch for passive operation with the treble control acting as a passive tone control when the EQ is bypassed. The electronics package supplies a variety of different tones suitable for a wide range of styles.
The MR5HS bridge is designed especially for the EHB basses and features wide intonation range. Each bridge piece is independently and securely attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer, and the saddles are adjustable for string spacing +/-1.5mm. Teflon washers are used on each tuner for a smooth tuning action.
Schaller S-Lock strap lock pins and a Neutrik locking jack hold the strap and cable securely, and a detachable finger ramp and a gig bag are included with each instrument.
Experience multi-scale and great tone. Order today.
- Multi-scale design
- EHB 9-piece Panga Panga/Walnut neck with Graphite reinforcement rods
- 889mm/35" scale at 6th string, 825.5mm/32.5"
- Nut width: 54mm
- Poplar Burl top/Selected light weight African Mahogany body
- Bound Panga Panga fretboard with Abalone off-set dot
- Medium Stainless Steel frets
- Nordstrand Custom Big Split pickups
- Vari-mid 3-band EQ
- EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- MR5HS bridge (18mm string spacing)
- Black hardware
- Schaller S-Locks strap pins
- Luminescent side dot inlay
- Finger Ramp included
- Factory Tuning: 1C, 2G, 3D, 4A, 5E, 6B
- String Gauge: 32-45-65-80-100-130
- Gig bag included
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.