- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez GWB20TH Gary Willis Signature 20th Anniversary Fretless 5-String Bass
Tequila Sunrise Flat
- Write a Review
- L45125 000001000 L45125000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
It has been two decades since Ibanez introduced the first Gary Willis Signature bass, the GWB1, in 1999. The Gary Willis signature anniversary model,...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Signature features and tone for the serious bassist.
It has been two decades since Ibanez introduced the first Gary Willis Signature bass, the GWB1, in 1999. The Gary Willis signature anniversary model, the GWB20TH, celebrates this long and fruitful relationship.
GWB20TH has icons of Gary’s signature details such as a fretless fingerboard, finger ramp and special shaped machine head. On top of those familiar GWB features, this anniversary model is unique unto itself. The Ash top/Basswood body provides sparkling highs and a well-balanced tone.
The detachable finger ramp, designed by Gary Willis, encourages players to not "dig in too deep" and allows a more consistent attack with a quicker recovery time. The Ebony fretless fingerboard produces a tight low and mid range with a dramatic high end attack, quick response and rich sustain.
The Aguilar DCB pickup, installed in bridge position, uses dual ceramic bar magnets that provide a dynamic and responsive attack, perfect for all playing styles. The Aguilar DCB has well-developed overtones and singing sustain in the body and the decay of the notes. The uniform magnetic field of a bar magnet allows each note to have an accurate dynamic response and more harmonic content. No tonal information is lost as the string moves.
The Aguilar OBP-2 EQ is a two band EQ that can supply +/-18dB of bass boost and a cut at 40Hz and +/- 16dB of treble boost and a cut at 6.5 kHz. Those frequencies are just the right bands to make the GWB20TH sound great in any mix. Case sold separately.
- Ash top over a basswood body designed for well balanced tone
- Fretless ebony fretboard provides smooth feel and quick response
- A single Aguilar humbucker that's highly dynamic and responsive for any style
- 2-band active EQ set a just the right frequencies for maximum versatility
Are you ready to go all the way? Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.