- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ibanez SR650E Electric Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- Product L44328
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Sleek style and tonal excellence.
For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
The SR650E series features an Ash body which offers superior tonal clarity and attack. The thin, sturdy, and stable Jatoba/Walnut neck offers superior playability when combined with the extended neck joint, making the upper frets easily accessible.
This SR650E series boasts the highly-respected Nordstrand CND pickups in a classic P/J combination. This is a versatile setup that is indispensable for the working musician. From the P-style pickup, a killer P tone: deep and wide with a ton of punch. The single-coil bridge J pickup delivers the classic J players sound. The flexibility of the preamp permits a massive modern sound that can accommodate everything from slap solos to slick R&B or raging metal.
The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ is equipped with a 3-way mid-frequency switch which enables precise tonal control (250 Hz, 450 Hz, and 700 Hz) and a EQ bypass switch for passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
The B500 bridge has adjustable saddles for string spacing adjustments, answering every bassist’s individual string spacing demands, no matter what playing style. The saddles can be adjusted +/-1.5mm. The neck end adjustment allows you to tweak the neck easily without loosening the strings.
The SR Series continues to satisfy the vast needs of bass players, exciting them with the SR’s smooth and fast neck, lightweight body and perfectly matched electronics.
Choose a bass that will inspire you gig after gig. Order today.
- Shape: Thin
- Wood: Jatoba/Walnut
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: Split single-coil:
- Bridge: Single-coil
- Brand: Nordstrand
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Yes
- Special electronics: 3-band EQ
- Material: Jatoba
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Diamond
- Nut material: Synthetic bone
- Nut width: 1.5 in. (38.1 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, balance, 3-band EQ, EQ bypass
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle adjustable :
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.