- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
King Doublebass Tiger King Upright Bass
- Write a Review
- Product 512643
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Tiger King offers the same durable construction as the the Venerable King Doublebass Road King but adds a AAA flamed maple top, back, and sides. ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A visually stunning version of the Road King.
The Tiger King offers the same durable construction as the the Venerable King Doublebass Road King but adds a AAA flamed maple top, back, and sides. The Tiger King is finished with translucent candy finishes to show off the depth and beauty of the wood. King may be known for some wild finishes but with this double bass, the beauty and depth of the wood become the focal point. King then uses the finest translucent candy finishes to accent and bring out that depth even more.
Over 80 hours go into their finishes and each upright bass is meticulously detailed and polished to a high gloss. Once the paint is finished, it is then ready to be professionally set up by the experts at King Doublebass. Each one is set up to exacting specifications and will feel just right on a walking jazz line or some blistering psychobilly. King's luthiers spend many hours perfectly fitting the maple bridge, planing and sanding the ebony fingerboard and fitting the heavy-duty endpin resulting in a stand up bass that plays perfectly right out of the box.
- 3/4 size hand built and painted in the USA
- 5 ply top grade maple and spruce plywood
- AAA flamed maple veneer
- Sunburst finish
- Hand-carved steel reinforced highly flamed maple neck
- Top quality ebony fingerboard
- King signature deluxe chrome tailpiece
- King Piezo pickup system
- German made Rubner tuning machines
- King designed adjustable endpin
- Hand painted
- Custom pin-striping by renowned artist Dave Whittle
- Professionally set up and ready to play