- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Reverend Mike Watt Wattplower Electric Bass
Satin Power Yellow
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L19433 000001000 L19433000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
It all started for Mike Watt in San Pedro, California. That’s where he met D. Boon and George Hurley – who would later form The Minutemen – a band th...Click To Read More About This Product
Sonic power, short-scale playability and signature style.
It all started for Mike Watt in San Pedro, California. That’s where he met D. Boon and George Hurley – who would later form The Minutemen – a band that would inspire legions. Watt went on to form Firehose and to play bass for punk royalty, The Stooges, as well as hundreds of solo projects with musicians around the world.
The Reverend Mike Watt Signature Wattplower is the result of a four-year exploratory between Watt and Reverend to produce a bass guitar with the perfect balance of sonic explosiveness, supreme playability, and ultimately looks uniquely Watt. The 30” scale and size along with touches like the Luminlay dots on the side of the neck are perfect for any player used to dark stages and long sets. The bridge is Hipshot A Style Brass for great intonation and lots of sustain. And, because it’s Watt, there’s an anchor inlay at the first fret and “Wattplower” on the seventeenth. This one is worth the wait. Includes gig bag.
- Body: slim, small body for light weight and comfort.
- Body chamber: strategic tone chamber under the pickguard increases resonance for richer sound with more harmonic content.
- Hipshot A Style bridge: allows the user to adjust the string spacing to personal preference. Also gives the option of string-thru-body or top-load.
- Brass bridge spacer: 1/4" thick spacer increases sustain and improves the balance of the bass.
- 30” scale: the short scale neck results in a smaller neck with lower string tension, making it very easy to play.
- Custom fingerboard inlays: extra dots at the 5th and 12th fret for increased positional visibility. The anchor inlay was inspired by an anchor necklace that a fan gave to Mike many years ago. It’s also significant because Mike considers bass to be the “anchor” of a band, and he hails from the seaport city of San Pedro, CA.
- Luminlay neck side dots: these special side dots from Japan are luminescent, so they glow in the dark. That, and multiple dots at each position insure excellent visibility even on a poorly lit stage. And they look cool too.
- Custom jackplate: Mike wanted a front mounted output jack, so designed an oversized, heavy duty jackplate that won’t break or rip out of the body like the original ones.
- Knobs: vintage style tophat knobs for a classic look.
- Satin finish for an understated yet sophisticated look, and a smooth, fast feel.
- An all new design with special features per Mike Watt.
- For stage use, Mike gravitated towards small body, short scale vintage basses, heavily modified to his liking. We approached him with the idea of building a compact bass with all his favorite custom mods built in, that would cost less than and outperform his vintage instruments. Five years and many prototypes later, the goal has been achieved.
- The Reverend P-Blade pickup combined with the resonant chambered body produces a big round tone with punch and clarity, which belies the small size of the instrument.
- The small size and short scale will also have extra appeal to smaller players, women, and guitar players who want an easy to play bass.
Own this easy-to-play signature bass. Order today.
- Shape: Medium oval
- Wood: Korina
- Neck joint: Set
- Scale length: 30 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: Split single-coil
- Neck: Not applicable
- Middle: P-blade
- Bridge: Not applicable
- Brand: Reverend
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Active preamp: No
- Special electronics: None
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Boneite
- Nut width: 1.65 in. (42mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Korina
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: Not applicable
- Coil tap or split: Not applicable
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Hipshot A Style Brass, string-thru-body or top-load
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Hipshot Ultralight
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Gig bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: South Korea
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.