- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Rickenbacker 4003SW Walnut Electric Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J20316 000001000 J20316000001000
This is the walnut series version of the 4003S. The solid and natural look of a walnut body with a maple fingerboard. This version puts out even warm...Click To Read More About This Product
Email for Price:
The manufacturer of this product has asked us not to publish our current selling price. Please email our customer service team for the guaranteed lowest price on this item.
The walnut version of the 4003S prized by Paul McCartney and Chris Squire.
This is the walnut series version of the 4003S. The solid and natural look of a walnut body with a maple fingerboard. This version puts out even warmer bass tones than the maple version.
This traditional Rickenbacker bass style with dot inlays and no binding was prized by Paul McCartney and Chris Squire when they got their first 4001S models in 1964. Players cherish its traditional look and rounded edges that many claim make it more comfortable than the 4003.
The updated 4003SW version comes with the improved dual trussrod system. Of course, the famous solid bass tones, ringing sustain and treble punch were known for make it a dream. Its no wonder Rickenbacker received a steady demand of requests to bring this back.
This design was once exclusive to the British distributor Rose Morris in the '60s. Iconic curves of maple form the body with a traditional rosewood fingerboard. Dot inlays and no binding make this stand out from the standard 4003.
Includes hardshell case.
- Shape: C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Neck-through
- Scale length: 33.25"
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Info not available
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: Single-coil
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Single-coil
- Brand: Custom
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10" (25.4cm)
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.688" (42.9mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: 2.125" (54mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Walnut
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Info not available
- Pickup switch: Yes
- Coil tap or split: Not applicable
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: RIC
- Tailpiece: RIC
- Tuning machines: Schaller Deluxe
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.