- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Schecter Guitar Research J-5 Maple Fingerboard 5-String Bass
Sea Foam Green
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L45006 000001000 L45006000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The new 2019 J-5 Bass by Schecter Guitar Research boasts exciting updates aimed to deliver a professional-grade instrument at a value-packed price. U...Click To Read More About This Product
A professional-grade 5-string at a value-packed price.
The new 2019 J-5 Bass by Schecter Guitar Research boasts exciting updates aimed to deliver a professional-grade instrument at a value-packed price.
Upon picking up this bass, the player will immediately notice it's tricked-out with a fully-passive electronics package featuring the Schecter Custom Shop USA-Made Monstertone-J pickup set, a couple of Ceramic-8 loaded beasts pumping out shocking power in their default setting and switchable to more vintage-flavored tones via a push-pull tone pot.
For the body and neck, you'll find a 35” scale thin-C maple neck, reinforced with dual carbon fiber rods and an easy-access truss rod for maximum stability, and paired with an alder body to create a classic, comfortable combination that feels equally at-home in your arms and in your mix.
It's then outfitted with quality components including a Schecter Diamond Custom bridge that offers thru-body or top-load stringing options, a Graph Tech IvoryTusq nut, and Schecter Vintage Tuners to ensure trouble- free performance so that you can focus on your groove. Case sold separately.
- Shape: Thin C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 35 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: MonsterTone-J
- Bridge: MonsterTone-J
- Brand: Schecter USA
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Special electronics: Push-Pull tone control
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 16 in.
- Fret size: Narrow X-Jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Tusq
- Nut width: 1.771 in. (45 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Coil tap or split: Coil tap
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Custom bass string thru (or top load)
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Grab a bass that's made for the stage. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.