- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Sire Marcus Miller M2 5-String Bass
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L52976 000002000 L52976000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Marcus Miller and SIRE have been on a mission for several years to build the best quality bass at an unbelievable price, making it available to every...Click To Read More About This Product
Fantastic sound, looks and price.
Marcus Miller and SIRE have been on a mission for several years to build the best quality bass at an unbelievable price, making it available to everyone. The result is a line of Marcus Miller bass models that have a fantastic sound and look, and are high quality, but with an extraordinarily low price. Marcus Miller basses are now available to everyone with a hope that more people will be able to play and enjoy the music they love.
Indonesian Mahogany Body and Canadian Hard Maple Neck
The M2 body is made with Indonesian Mahogany which is known for its warm, clear, full-bodied sound. The neck is made with Canadian Hard Maple for a premium look and feel.
Marcus Miller Heritage-3 Preamp
A top notch 3-band EQ preamp to meet the needs of Marcus Miller’s versatility and to cover various styles of music. The active/passive mode option, together with the Humbucker Pickup Set with individual setting options (single, humbucker, and serial-parallel) are the core technology for the best sound quality and tone versatility.
Highest Quality Hard & Clear Paint
The M2 is coated with the highest quality paint that is also used in the V7 and M7 series. This gives the M2 a more elegant look compared to other introductory basses that are applied with low-cost paints.
Rolled Fretboard Edges
What only custom shops can achieve, is now on the Sire 2nd Gen. These rounded edges will give users a firmer and more natural grasp compared to other typical fretboards.
Modern Feel & Sound, Marcus Blue Humbucker Set
The core component of an electric bass guitar are the magnetic pickups. They detect the vibrations of the strings which are amplified through speakers – much like how a microphone works. Therefore, the quality and tendency of the pickups greatly influence the tone and characteristics of the sound. The big, pole-piece style Humbucker Pickup Sets have been redesigned to be a newly developed soap bar style Humbucker Pickup. This unique Humbucker style produces strong outputs with punchy and solid mid tones.
Case sold separately.
Grab a great bass at a great price. Order today.
- Neck shape: C type
- Neck wood: Hard Maple
- Joint: Bolt-On
- Scale length: 34 in. (863.6mm)
- Neck finish: Natural (Satin)
- Configuration: H-H
- Neck: Marcus Blue Humbucker Neck
- Bridge: Marcus Blue Humbucker Bridge
- Brand: SIRE
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: Yes
- Special electronics: Heritage-3 / 3 band EQ with Mid Frequency
- Material: Rosewood (TBK, WHP), MAPLE(TBL) (Dependent on Finish)
- Radius: 12 in. (305mm)
- Fret size: 2.4mm Medium
- Number of frets: 24 frets
- Inlays: White Pearl Dot
- Nut Width: 1.771 in. (45mm)
- Body shape: Modern Bass Double-Cut
- Body type: Solid Body
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: TBK (Satin), TBL, WHP(Gloss)
- Control layout: Master Volume/Tone(stack), Blend, Treble, Middle/Mid-Frequency(Stacked), Bass, 1 mini toggle SW(Active/Passive)
- Bridge type: Fixed Bass Bridge
- Bridge design: Marcus Standard Bridge
- Tuning machines: Sire Die-casting Gear
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 4 strings
- Special features: String Body Thru Available
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: (included with instrument) Wrench
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.