Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Emedia Music Theory Tutor Lab Pack for 5 Computerstrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Learning system for lab teaching environments.
Many lessons let students enter pitches simply by humming, singing, or by playing their instrument into the computer microphone. The software listens as a student taps in rhythms, sings back pitches to guess intervals, and interacts with lessons. It is easy to see when pitches are correctly matched in a lesson, and you can view a chart of progress as you move through the course. Quizzes at the end of each subject and tests at the end of every grade level completion make it easy to assess progress.
The structured course and practice exercises help students to hear musical keys, scales, intervals, chords, and rhythms “in the their head” to read music more effectively compose without an instrument, improvise solos, and learn songs by ear faster.
Learn How Music Works
Learn how rhythms, scales, chords, and chord progressions are created. Understand how tempos are described and notes are subdivided and grouped into measures. Learn the function of melody and harmony and how to use harmonic and rhythmic cadence. Understand all of the fundamentals that every composer, songwriter, and instrumentalist should know.
Hear the Music
Students can learn to sight-sing music and hear it “in their head” by recognizing rhythms, intervals, and chord relationships.
Assess Student Progress
Students take tests and can view statistics to track progress. The Intelligent Practice feature tracks the student’s responses in lessons and automatically selects questions to improve weak spots.
* This product is only to be purchased by and licensed to schools or institutions and includes Music Theory Tutor Complete for 5 computers.
Windows Minimum System Requirements
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
2.2GHz CPU, 2GB RAM
OpenGL-capable video card and driver
300 MB of hard drive space
Macintosh Minimum System Requirements
10.6 or later
2.2GHz CPU, 2GB RAM
300 MB of hard drive space
- A step-by-step curriculum designed by Dr. Gregory Simon, who holds a doctorate in composition from the University of Michigan and teaches at the University of Colorado
- Over 400 lessons, exercises, and tests with graphics, interactivity, and sound
- Both music theory and basic ear training combined into one powerful application
- A graph showing testing and answer statistics to lets you easily see progress
- Intelligent Practice that tracks the student’s progress and automatically selects questions to improve weak spots
- Exercises teaching rhythmic fundamentals including tempo, counting beats, measures, values for notes and rests, and syncopation
- Rhythmic lessons teach counting plus recognition of simple and compound time signatures (including 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 9/8, etc.) and cut time
- Interactive lessons for learning how to read music with explanations and exercises for learning clefs, key signatures, note pitches, names, and rhythmic values (including dotted and beamed notes) including advanced triplets
- Explanation of major, minor (harmonic and natural), and chromatic scale construction plus modes and the Circle of Fifths
- Ear training and theory exercises help students to identify and understand note direction and motion, intervals (fourths, fifths, tritones, melodic/harmonic, etc.) scales, chords, and progressions
- Melodic identification studies that cover note stability and resolution plus the roles of melody and harmony
- Interval identification studies (fourths, fifths, tritones, melodic/harmonic, etc.)
- Chord theory lessons outline chord construction (major and minor triads, diminished, augmented, and 7ths), inversions, and arpeggios
- Lessons on creating chord progressions covering chord positions and functions within progressions (tonic, dominant, subdominant, etc.), Roman numeral (I, IV, V, etc.) and figured bass notation, plus chord substitutions, phrasing, cadence, passing, and pedal tones
- Lessons and exercises in musical form and analysis (binary, ternary, rondo, phrasing, etc.) help a student better understand composition
- A harmonic flowchart plus major and minor harmony studies
- Solfege studies with arpeggio and sight singing
Students learn music theory faster with eMedia lab packs!
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.