Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Hal Leonard Essential Elements 2000 for Strings - Teacher Resource Kit (Book 1 with CD-ROM)true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
FeaturesEach Book Includes My EE Library
- Start-up Video: learn the basics
- Play-along MP3: features professional players on your instrument
- Duets and Trios: print and play parts with friends
- Music Listening Library: hear great pieces for orchestra
- SmartMusic: exercises 1-100
- Book 1 uses a note-to-note sequence with easy-to-read notation. Students begin with the note names written inside the note heads, and then the names are gradually eliminated.
- Contemporary pedagogy starts from the "top" of the hand. Violins and violas start with three fingers down, cellos with four. This technique creates better left-hand shape and helps develop proper playing position from the beginning. Teaching the double bass is accomplished without displacing the octave.
- New material is carefully paced, sequential and immediately reinforced. New notes are approached by step, then gradually played with wider skips and crossing strings. Each new rhythm is introduced as a Rhythm Rap, which can be shadow bowed, then played on an open string, and finally placed in an appropriate melodic setting.
- The right hand is thoroughly and sequentially developed through a series of seven Bow Builders. Each one defines a specific action required to produce an acceptable bow hand.
- Only one new concept is introduced at a time. The pacing encourages student mastery without excessive repetition. You can move from line to line quickly within each class. Students master quarter notes, then move to eighth, half, dotted-half, and whole notes.
- New concepts are presented in familiar keys and rhythms. These skills are integrated in shaded sections called Skill Builders to combine rhythms, pitches and bowings into comprehensive exercises to develop solid technique.
- It's all right in each student book, correlated with the music and concepts they are currently learning. This is by far the most efficient way to meet the National Standards, integrate other subjects into the music curriculum, and still teach the essentials of music performance.
- A variety of rounds, duets and orchestra arrangements (11) are included. These can be used independently throughout the year, or combined for a pre-planned concert.
- Accurate illustrations help develop proper playing position
- Listening Skills for each new note for accurate intonation
- Subdivision introduced from the beginning
- Assessment for immediate evaluation of students' skills
- Large, clear Fingering Charts
- Special page devoted solely to mixing Finger Patterns
- Solo with piano accompaniment for each instrument
Essential Elements 2000 for Strings - Teacher Resource Kit (Book 1 with CD-ROM) Specifications:
- Authors: Robert Gillespie, Michael Allen, Pamela Tellejohn Hayes
- Softcover with CD
- ISBN: 9780634068942
- Width: 9"
- Length: 12"
- 152 pages
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.