- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha Grand Series Double Headed Concert Tom
8 x 8 in. Darkwood stain finish
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J10254 000001001 J10254000001001
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
New Size StructureAfter exhaustive study to determine the best size for this model specifically designed for concert use, Yamaha adopted a size struc...Click To Read More About This Product
Beautiful double-headed concert tom.
New Size Structure
After exhaustive study to determine the best size for this model specifically designed for concert use, Yamaha adopted a size structure based on the proportional relation between diameter and depth, which is "For every 1 inch increase in diameter, increase the depth by 1/2 inch." As a result, Yamaha designers successfully achieved the classical tone and lingering depth which is fundamentally different from that of existing concert toms.
Solving a conventional problem that tonal color and length of sustain differ between toms, the 9000 Series offers a perfect unity in tone and sustain as a whole set, which gives you a higher level of expressivity. This series also has a wide tuning range from high to low register to allow you to produce various types of sound that is required in orchestral music. The CT-9015 is a 15" double headed concert tom that will tune easily and perform at the highest levels.
YESS III Mounting System
How a tom and a stand are connected is a very important factor to determine the resonance and tonal color of the instrument. As the best mount system for CT-9000 series, Yamaha adopted the YESS II Mount System. This reflects the design concept of the Yamaha ultra-high-end drum set PHX series drum sets.
By putting the tom in a state close to "hanging in the air" as much as possible without holding it, this mount system minimizes the potential loss where the stand absorbs the instrument's vibration and succeeds to bring out tom tom's original fat tone with longer sustain. A shorten time lag between a point of attack and sound generation allows you to concentrate on your play more easily.
Sizes and Systems
Eight traditional sizes of single headed concert toms are offered in three traditional set-ups: CTG-6802 (6", 8", 10", 12" with two stands); CTG-0234 (10", 12", 13", 14", with two stands); CTG-3456 (13", 14", 15", 16", with two stands).
Air-Seal System Shells
The oak shells are produced utilizing the Air-Seal System. This process ensures that shells start round and stay round; an in-round shell tunes clearer and provides a pure fundamental tone.
Oak shell offers a fat, dense tone and sharp, open resonance. In addition to these characteristics, longer sustain and quick response is provide by YESS III Mounting System, achieving a perfect balance between tone clarity and abundant sustain. Even when playing a high-speed passage or roll, you can deliver the slightest nuance to your audience.
- Beautiful tone and dynamic capability
- Beautiful design and finish
- Ruggedly made
- Shells: 6-ply oak shells produced with the Air-Seal System
- Rims: Dynahoop
- Finish: Darkwood stain
- Double Headed: REMO Coated ambassador (Batter); Ultra Clear (Bottom)
- Mount: YESS III Mounting System accepts Yamaha hex rod clamp arm
- Lugs: Zing alloy; 6" = 4 lugs; 8" = 5 lugs; 10", 12" and 13" = 6 lugs; 14", 15" and 16" = 8 lugs
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.