Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
DW Collector's Series 5-Piece Shell Pack Broken Glass Chrome Hardwaretrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Customizable drums that represent a pinnacle in boutique-style drum making.
This shell pack features rack toms with Vertical Low Timbre (VLT) - a DW special feature which involves arranging grain patterns of shell plies so the outermost and innermost plies run vertically versus the traditional horizontal. This provides less tension on the shell for greater resonance. In addition, the 16 in. floor tom and kick include X-Shell construction which complements VLT technology through a revolutionary, full vertical shell cross-lamination on the innerplies. The result of these two advancements is a tonally massive drum sound and lowered pitch.
It also features DW's patented STM (suspension tom mount) system, which allows drums to vibrate independently, allowing maximum resonance while securely holding the drum in place. Because there are no washers or grommets inhibiting the lug rod receiver, choking is reduced and tuning is as easy as ever.
To give drummers even more control over their sound, DW created its patented True-Pitch rod system. The rods feature 5 mm threads rather than the 12/24 that's standard on most other drums. To compare, there is 1 thread every 0.8 mm on True-Pitch rods (about 20% more threads), versus 1 thread every 1.05 mm on most other drums. The result is a more exacting tuning process.
Crested by chrome hardware, this shell pack features 10 x 8 in. and 12 x 9 in. X-VLT rack toms, 14 x 14 in. X-Shell and 16 x 16 in. VLX floor toms and a 24 x 18 in. X-VLX kick drum.
Snare, cymbals and hardware sold separately.
- Custom-made, North American maple shells
- VLT, X and VLX grain orientation
- Patented STM system for maximum resonance
- True-Pitch rod system with 5 mm threads
- Made in U.S.A.
A drum kit that's a worthy addition to any collection. Order today.
Collector's Series 5-Piece Shell Pack Specifications:Configuration
- Bass Drum(s): 24 x 18 in.
- Tom(s): 10 x 8 in., 12 x 9 in.
- Floor Tom(s): 14 x 14 in., 16 x 16 in.
- Snare: Not Applicable
- Total Pieces: 5
- Hardware: Not Applicable
- Cymbals: Not Applicable
- Shell Material: Maple
- Construction: 6-Ply
- Thickness (mm): 4.2
- Bearing Edge: 45°
- Reinforcement Ring: Not Applicable
- Material: Steel
- Mounts: Suspended
- Hoops: Patented
- Lugs: Patented
- Heads: Branded
- Finish Type: Wrap
- Country of Origin: United States
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.