- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gon Bops Alex Acuna Signature Cajon
- Write a Review
- 713026 000000000 713026000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This Alex Acu±a Signature Cajon features Peruvian mohena construction with dovetail corners and a lacquer finish. At Alex's request, a matte-finished...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Designed with Alex himself and constructed in his homeland, this is an authentically Peruvian cajon.
This Alex Acu±a Signature Cajon features Peruvian mohena construction with dovetail corners and a lacquer finish. At Alex's request, a matte-finished face was added. The cajon has a partially adjustable face and rubber feet. The sound is warm with plenty of bass response.
This cajon comes with a free bag.
Born in Pativilca, Peru, Acu±a played in local bands from the age of ten, and moved to Lima as a teenager. At the age of eighteen he joined the band of Perez Prado, and in 1967 he moved to Puerto Rico. In 1974 Acu±a moved to Las Vegas, working with artists such as Elvis Presley and Diana Ross, and the following year he joined the jazz-fusion group Weather Report, appearing on the albums Black Market and Heavy Weather. Acu±a left Weather Report in 1978, and became a session musician in California, recording and playing live with (amongst many others): Paul McCartney, Joni Mitchell, Ella Fitzgerald, Jim Walker, Chick Corea, Whitney Houston, Pl¡cido Domingo, Phil Keaggy, Sergeant Petter, Sam Phillips, former Weather Report bandmates Wayne Shorter and Joe Zawinul, Herbie Hancock, Carlos Santana, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Beck, Roberta Flack, U2, and Al Jarreau.
- 20"H x 14"W x 12.5"D.
- Handcrafted in Peru from Peruvian mohena
- Beautiful lacquer finish
- Matte-finish face
- Partially adjustable faceplate
- Dovetail corners
- Rubber feet
- Includes free carry bag
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.