- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland AIRA TR-8 Rhythm Performer
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J06598 000000000 J06598000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
As is the case with nearly every imaginable category of electronic music creation, Roland was at the forefront of the development of rhythm composers...Click To Read More About This Product
Two iconic groove machines, combined into one rhythmically enhanced instrument.
As is the case with nearly every imaginable category of electronic music creation, Roland was at the forefront of the development of rhythm composers. The Roland TR-8 is at once a look back at two of the seminal machines that gave birth to a new way of making music and a look forward to the possibilities of what can be done when those classic sounds are fused with modern functionality.
It would not be absurd to make the bold claim that the TR-808 and TR-909 rhythm composers have more to do with modern drum sounds than any other human or mechanical influence. The 808 and 909 sounds have appeared on thousands of popular dance tracks and have more or less set the standard for drum sounds within hip-hop, techno and house music.
But Roland has not been sitting on their hands waiting idly by for the TR-808 and TR-909 to have their resurgence. Much of what Rolands research and development teams have been discovering for the thirty years since these machines were introduced has been incorporated into this comprehensive revisiting of the sounds that moved a generation.
The TR-8 features 16 drum kits with up to 11 instrument types, including impeccable recreations of the famous TR-909 and TR-808 sounds, but unlike the original TR-808 and TR-909, there are numerous modern control components that make the TR-8 more versatile by an order of magnitude. The Tap Tempo, Fine and Shuffle knobs, the Scatter function and randomization are just a few of the technical improvements that make the TR-8 the preferred way to use those classic tones.
The feel, the sound and function of the machine reestablish Roland as the king of the hill in rhythm programming technology.
- Full reproduction of the original TR-808 and TR-909
- Build dream kits made up of different instruments from the TR-808 and TR-909
- 16 stunning kits made up of 11 instrument types
- Control Accent function intensity with a dedicated knob
- Per-step Gate Reverb and Delay effects with dedicated, realtime knobs
- Mix sources connected to the External Inputs
- Create rhythmic ducking effects with built-in Side Chain function
- 2 assignable analog outputs and full parallel outputs via USB
- Scatter lets you tweak your grooves with realtime control and perfect sync
- 16 per-step pads with bold, full-color LEDs
- Realtime pattern creation up to 32 steps
- Change the pattern step count seamlessly and on the fly
- Realtime play of 4 different types of rolls to suit your beat
- Integrates seamlessly with other AIRA series products
Perform with the soul of a classic, add the TR-8 to your stage today!
- Width (W)400 mm15-3/4 inches
- Depth (D)260 mm10-1/4 inches
- Height (H)65 mm2-9/16 inches
- Weight 1.9 kg4 lbs. 4 oz.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.