- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland AIRA TR-8 Rhythm Performer
- Write a Review
- J06598 000000000 J06598000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The TR-8 is a performance rhythm machine that melds the legendary sound and vibe of the TR-808 and TR-909 with features and functions for the modern ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Two iconic groove machines, combined into one rhythmically enhanced instrument.
The TR-8 is a performance rhythm machine that melds the legendary sound and vibe of the TR-808 and TR-909 with features and functions for the modern age. A product of the 80's, both the TR-808 and the TR-909 have since become two of the most highly-respected, classic groove boxes that have produced some of the most influential drum sounds in modern music.
Since the 1980's the sounds of the TR-808 and the TR-909 have appeared on thousands of dances tracks over the last three decades, and have helped define the sound of entire musical genres. From Rap and House to Techno and Trance - these two drum machines have left an indelible mark on the art and culture of music, and now they're together, as one cohesive drum machine, the TR-8 Rhythm Performer.
Roland has obsessively analyzed and faithfully re-created every detail and nuance of the analog circuitry of these legendary rhythm machines. The iconic boom and snap of the 808, the classic thud of the 909, the robotic click of an 808 rim shot, or a classic 909 snare roll, it's all here.
The TR-8 is more than a recreation of theses legendary machines though, they've been completely enhanced with capabilities that reach far beyond what the original units are capable of.
Tune and Decay knobs are now present on every instrument and the Bass and Snare drum modules have dedicated "Attack" and "Comp" knobs allowing for a great variety of tones - from subtle ambient percussion to pounding dance grooves. Per-step effects and the massively addictive "Scatter" function take things into entirely new territory.
With the authentic tone and character of the original units and with enhanced sound tweaking capabilities inspired by legions of users, the TR-8 breathes new life into the sounds we all know and love.
Make no mistake - the TR-8 is an instrument, carefully designed from the ground-up, to be played. Every control has a solid, predictable feel with each drum instrument having robust, "playable" faders. Numerous lighted knobs and RGB-lit buttons give real-time performance feedback and a striking appearance on stage.
Pattern creation is creative and intuitive using an evolved version of the TR-REC method, which originated in the TR-808 and eventually became the standard for electronic rhythm programing. Based on detailed analysis of the original TR-808, the TR-REC behavior has been faithfully modeled in the TR-8. But the TR-8 goes well beyond the original, allowing you to seamlessly switch between programming and performance modes and to introduce lots of groovy rhythmic variations - from subtle snare fills to total glitch meltdowns.
What is Scatter?
Scatter is a unique performance function that gives you detailed realtime control over variations in your patterns and any incoming external input signal. With Scatter you can reverse, glitch, gate, truncate, stutter and perform all manner of rhythmic variations - from subtle to extreme - and all in perfect sync. Pick from 10 different types of Scatter and smoothly adjust the intensity or "Scatter Depth" with the large comfortable dial, and switch between Scatter patterns and quickly turn Scatter on and off for cool variations when and where you want them.
- Full reproduction of the original TR-808 and TR-909
- Build dream kits made up of different instruments from the TR-808 and TR-909
- 16 stunning kits made up of 11 instrument types
- Control Accent function intensity with a dedicated knob
- Per-step Gate Reverb and Delay effects with dedicated, realtime knobs
- Mix sources connected to the External Inputs
- Create rhythmic ducking effects with built-in Side Chain function
- 2 assignable analog outputs and full parallel outputs via USB
- Scatter lets you tweak your grooves with realtime control and perfect sync
- 16 per-step pads with bold, full-color LEDs
- Realtime pattern creation up to 32 steps
- Change the pattern step count seamlessly and on the fly
- Realtime play of 4 different types of rolls to suit your beat
- Integrates seamlessly with other AIRA series products
Perform with the soul of a classic, add the TR-8 to your stage today!
- Width (W)400 mm15-3/4 inches
- Depth (D)260 mm10-1/4 inches
- Height (H)65 mm2-9/16 inches
- Weight 1.9 kg4 lbs. 4 oz.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear