- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
X8 Drums Malibu Master Series Djembe
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L77510 000000000 L77510000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The X8 Drums Malibu Master Series Djembe features an intricate carving in the base of the drum, unique blue rope, a rubber tire base to keep your dru...Click To Read More About This Product
Handmade, professional instrument made with mahogany wood.
The X8 Drums Malibu Master Series Djembe features an intricate carving in the base of the drum, unique blue rope, a rubber tire base to keep your drum stable (and protect floors) and a premium grade, thick goatskin drum head.
An advanced drum head installation technique was used for this drum, where the head overlaps the top ring of the drum. Pro players appreciate this type of head because it feels more comfortable and natural during performances.
The Master Series djembes are handmade, custom carved professional grade instruments prepared with the finest materials. Each drum goes through a rigorous quality control process, ensuring the shell is crafted from top quality mahogany hardwood. All wood used is all legally harvested, government certified to be legal timber and is part of a replanting program. Also, due to the specialized shell shape, only 30% of the approved wood that is sorted for the Master Series line meets the size, shape, and quality criteria for a "Master" Series.
The selected drum shell is then lathed and hand carved. Every Master Series djembe is carved extra thick for incredible tones, and unsurpassed range. Take special note of the neck ring on this djembe. It is made from forged steel that has been specifically fitted for each individual drum. The ring locks into a hand carved groove, locking the ring system into place. This system allows for more precise and long-lasting tuning.
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
All X8 Djembes come with two complimentary lessons by X8 Drums, so you can learn to tune and play your new drum.
- 25.5" Tall x 13.5" Head
- Includes 2 free djembe lessons
- Legally harvested, environmentally sustainable mahogany wood, one-piece, solid shell construction
- Low stretch Alpine nylon HTB 5 mm rope runners
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning
- Forged steel neck ring, with built-in groove that is custom fitted to lock the ring system into place
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected natural, unbleached goatskin drumhead
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood
Beautifully intricate, with tones you'll love playing. Order your Malibu Master Series djembe today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.