- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha DTXtreme III XL
- Write a Review
- Product 423881
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Coming from a long and illustrious line of Yamaha e-drum sets, the Yamaha DTXTREME III XL electronic drum kit features an upgraded brain that's based...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An XL e-drum kit with an XL set of sounds and features.
Coming from a long and illustrious line of Yamaha e-drum sets, the Yamaha DTXTREME III XL electronic drum kit features an upgraded brain that's based upon 'Motif' AWM2 sounds. The DTXTREME III XL is configured with 5 drum pads, 3 cymbal pads, and the DTXTREME III module, mounted on the RS130 drum rack.
Using sound technology from the highly acclaimed Motif XS and DSP effects from Yamaha's high-end digital mixers, the DTXIII drum module has professional sounds that bring your drumming to life. With a realistic hi-hat that responds naturally to hands and feet, 3 - 3-zone chokeable cymbals, one 3-zone snare, and 4 - 3-zone toms, DTXIII XL is a complete electronic drum set for the most demanding live applications.
Yamaha combined superior sounds, sampling capability, and flexible connectivity into an easy-to-navigate interface to give you the ultimate tool for creating music in the studio. It's also perfect for controlling VST software like BFD and Sonic Reality's Drum Masters. The Yamaha DTXtreme III electronic drum set's sampling capabilities set it apart from the competition and let you get any drum sound, and Yamaha has free samples available for download.
The Yamaha DTXtreme e-drum set makes practice fun and productive by giving you features that help you learn any style and allow you to track the accuracy of your playing. The Groove Check and advanced Metronome functions help you develop solid timing. The DTXIII also includes a sequencer, so you can record your own grooves any time you want or create complete backing tracks to jam along with.
Yamaha DTXtreme III Module
A shining example of technology powered by a drum company, the Yamaha DTXtreme III module uses the same technology that powers the supercharged Yamaha MOTIF XS synthesizer. With the optional memory installed, 512MB of sampling allows players to trigger a large library of custom sounds. The DTXtreme III also features USB connectivity and an advanced internal sequencer.
When you want to customize your sound, you can take any of the over 1,000 internal drum, percussion, special effects voices, and loops to create up to 50 user kits. Insert a USB stick and you can save another 1,584 kits. Taking it even further, you can assign any MIDI channel to each pad, giving you access to over 200 melodic GM voices that you can trigger from any pad. With the optional DIMM (sold separately), you have 512MB of sampling memory allowing an additional 1,016 user voices.
The Yamaha electronic drum module has 15 trigger inputs, of which 14 accept 3-zone pads. Input 10/11 is able to accept 2 mono pads by using a stereo splitter. For live performance or recording, there is a stereo pair of outputs, or 6 individual outputs that also function as 3 stereo pairs, and a S/PDIF digital output. The Aux in allows you to plug in an external music source so that you can play along or lets you sample directly into the module. There is a full-function sample editor so that you can tweak your samples once recorded. The MIDI in/out allows connection to other devices, and the USB and TO Host terminals allow easy connection to a computer. The USB also allows use of a flash drive to store and load user created data such as kits, samples, songs, and click settings.
Yamaha combined its electronic drum and digital music design teams to share technology and create this powerful electronic drum module. The user-friendly features of this drum module are exceptional and the sounds will blow you away. Several Yamaha drum artists, including Tommy Aldridge, Akira Jimbo, Russ Miller, John "JR" Robinson, and Tony Verderosa, among others, had a hand in designing the Yamaha DTXtreme III electronic drum set.
- 1,115 drum and percussion voices, 211 GM melodic voices
- 50 preset and 50 user kits
- 15 trigger inputs (14 - 3-zone, one can be split for 2 mono pads)
- 512MB of sampling with optional DIMM installed (sold separately)
- Full-function sample editor
- Effects processor with 9 reverb, 19 chorus, and 51 insertion effects
- 100 steps of stack/alternate mode using any MIDI channel
- Kits, songs, SMF, click presets, and samples may be stored on, and loaded from external USB device
- 2-track sequencer with 50 preset, 50 user songs
- 64 note polyphony
- Programmable click with Groove Check and Rhythm Gate
- Large LCD display
Updated Motif sounds and USB connectivity give this electronic kit the right stuff.
- Tone Generator: AWM2
- Polyphony: 64 notes
- Wave: 205MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
- Voice Preset: 1,115 drum voices, 211 melody voices (GM)
- Drum Kit Presets: 50 kits, User 50 kits (in the Flash ROM), External 1584 kits (or 99 x 16, in the external USB storage device (sold separately))
- Effects: Reverb 9 types, Chorus 19 types, Variation 51 types, Insertion 51 types, Master Effect: 9 types, Master EQ 5 bands
- Trigger Setup Preset: 7, User: 5, Pad songs play, chase, cutoff.
- 4 songs (max.) can be played simultaneously.
- Note capacity: Approx. 152,000 notes
- Note resolution: 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Song recording type: Real time
- Song tracks: 2 tracks
- Songs: Demo 3 songs
- Practice songs: 44 songs
- Pad song: 40 songs
- User: 50 songs
- Sequence Format: DTXTREME III Original Format, SMF format 0
- Click Tempo: 30-300 , Tap tempo
- Beat: 1/4-16/4, 1/8-16/8, 1/16-16/16
- Timing Accent: Quarter note, Eighth note, Sixteenth note, Triplet
- Click Voices: Preset 8
- Training Functions: Measure break, Groove check, Rhythm gate
- Sampling Samples: 1,016 (for the User Voices)
- Sampling Sources: Audio input signals via AUX IN/SAMPLING IN, Audio output signals via OUTPUT (Resample)
- Sample Data Bits: 16-bit
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz, 22.05kHz, 11.025kHz, 5.5125kHz (stereo/mono)
- Sampling Memory: Optionally installed, expandable to 512MB (256MB DIMM x 2 slots). DIMMs are not installed to the instrument when shipped from the factory
- Sample Length: Mono 32MB, Stereo 64MB
- Sampling Time: 44.1kHz: 6 min. 20 sec., 22.05kHz: 12 min. 40 sec., 11.025kHz: 25 min. 20 sec., 5.5125kHz: 55 min. 40 sec. - Mono/Stereo
- Sample Format: DTXTREME III Original format, WAV, AIFF
- Controllers & Sliders: Master, Phones, Click, Accomp., Kick, Snare, Tom, Cymbal, Hi-Hat, Misc.
- Displays: 240 x 64 dot graphic backlit LCD, 7-segment LED (3-digit)
- Connectors: MIDI In/Out
- USB To Device/To Host
- Output: L/Mono, R (standard phone jack)
- Digital out: EIAJ CP1201, IEC60958, S/PDIF
- Individual output: 1-6 (standard phone jack)
- Trigger Input jacks 1-9, 12-15 (Standard stereo phone jack, L: Trigger Signal, R: Rim Switch)
- Trigger Input jacks 10 and 11 (Standard stereo phone jack, L: Trigger Signal, R: Trigger Signal)
- AUX IN/SAMPLING IN: (Standard stereo phone jack)
- Phones: Standard stereo phone jack
- Hi-hat control: Standard stereo phone jack
- DC IN 16V
- Power Consumption: 18W
- Dimensions: 13.15"W x 3.78"H x 11.22"D
- 334mm (W) x 96mm (H) x 285mm (D)
- Weight: 3.6kg
- Accessories: AC Power Adaptor (Yamaha PA-300B, or an equivalent), Module stand, Module stand fastening screws (4; included)