Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Deering B6 6-String Banjotrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Put your guitar licks to work on a banjo!
The uniquely Deering Inlay pattern gives you visual beauty enhancing the great performance. This banjo is the preferred sound in country recording studios and in non-traditional bands like the Keith Urban Band. You can hear this banjo played on Keith Urban songs like "Someone Like You" and his Grammy award winning "Sweet Thing." It has big resonant bass notes that you don't find on a 5-string banjo, and also crisp highs for that beautiful banjo tone.
Has the sweet sound of mahogany with less sustain for clear notes. Crisp highs and good bass response with less overtones than many banjos. Easy to play with clarity of note separation. Great for recording.
E,A,D,G,B,E for standard Guitar tuning, can also be tuned in other tunings
XL D'Addario Guitar Strings, other gauges can be used, however to get the best banjo tone it should have light or extra light guitar strings or electric guitar strings.
Includes a Deering Hardshell Case.
- Tropical American Mahogany
- Slender Deering Neck Shape
- Arched Ebony Fingerboard
- Seed & Vine Inlays,
- Guitar Style Tuners
- Adjustable truss-rod
- 22 Pressed In Nickel-Silver Frets
- 3/16" Durable Nickel Plated Steel Rim
- 24-Piece Butterfly Flange
- 24 flat hooks with 9/32" hex nuts
- 24 Bracket Shoes
- 11" Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Beveled Tension Hoop
- Deering 6-string Tailpiece
- Nickel Plated Hardware,
- Deering 6-String Tailpiece
- Mahogany, with white binding
- Trimmed in White
- Straight Side Walls
- Satin Finish
- Includes case
B6 6-String Banjo Specifications:
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 ¾"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 ¼"
- Resonator diameter 13 7/8"
- Overall Instrument Length 38 ½"
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.