- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson F-5L "The Fern" Mandolin
- Write a Review
- 517393 000327000 517393000327000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Gibson luthiers painstakingly handcraft the F-5 'The Fern' Mandolin to replicate the 1925 original notable for its abalone fern headstock inlay. It h...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The standard by which all other professional mandolins are judged.
Gibson luthiers painstakingly handcraft the F-5 'The Fern' Mandolin to replicate the 1925 original notable for its abalone fern headstock inlay. It has a tuned parallel tone bar with a carved spruce top and maple back and sides to generate that world-famous tone. A sumptuous finish, hand-engraved gold-plated hardware, and triple binding all speak to its vintage pedigree. Includes Gibson hardshell case.
- Body: Style F-Style
- Top: Spruce
- Back: Figured Maple
- Rim: Figured Maple
- Sound Holes: Unbound F-holes
- Top Binding: White/Black/White
- Back Binding: White/Black/White
- Overcoat: Gloss Lacquer
- Tuning Keys: Gold Grovers
- Pickguard: Bound Tortoisoid
- Bridge: Adjustable Ebony
- Bracing: Tone Bars
- Tailpiece/Cover: Gold
- Species: Figured Maple
- Profile: Rounded V
- Peghead Inlay: Fern
- Peghead Binding: White/Black/White
- Nut: Pearl
- Nut Width: 1 1/16"
- Joint: Compound Dovetail
- Joint :Location 15th fret
- Truss Rod: Single Action
- Truss Rod Cover: Gibson Bell Shaped™
- Scale Length: 13-29/32"
- Frets: 29
- Species: Ebony
- Inlays: Pearl Dots
- Binding: White/Black/White
- Extension: Yes
- Strings: Gibson Bill Monroe Medium Gauge
- Includes hardshell case
The top of the mountain, the apex of mandolin design and building. Look no further, your search has ended. If you think you're ready, we have your forever instrument.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.