- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Kentucky KM-272 Artist A-Model Mandolin
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J19364 000001000 J19364000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Before 1922, most popular mandolins had Oval-shaped sound holes, which created a distinctive sound that played a significant role in shaping the soun...Click To Read More About This Product
Smaller soundhole for a characteristic voice.
Before 1922, most popular mandolins had Oval-shaped sound holes, which created a distinctive sound that played a significant role in shaping the sound of popular music of the day. The diminutive size, unique voice and relative affordability (compared to F-dstyle mandolins) made it perfect for a wide range of musical styles. Vintage examples of these popular A-style instruments are still played by discerning musicians and coveted by collectors around the world. This legendary mandolin design is affordably manifest in the Kentucky KM-272 A-style mandolin with the oval sound hole.
Incorporating the best features of vintage designs, and using only the best tonewoods, each instrument is expertly hand-carved and graduated to produce an instrument with a tone, look and build quality of highly prized collectible instruments. So take a step back in time by playing a new instrument that combines all the best features of old and the new “priced so that is affordable to all players.
- Solid carved Sitka spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid carved maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Choice East Indian rosewood fingerboard ensures silky smooth playability
- Transparent amber lacquer finish imparts enhanced luster and beauty
- Recommended cases: C-1521, TL-45
Order soon and get youre hands on a quality mandolin at a gentle price.
- Back and Side Material: Solid Maple
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Body Style: A-Model
- Bridge Material: Rosewood with Adjustment Wheels
- Fingerboard Binding: White ABS
- Fingerboard Inlay: M-O-P Dots
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Finish: High-gloss Transparent Amber Nitrocellulose
- Neck / Body Joint: Dovetail
- Neck Material: One-piece Maple
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 22
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 1/8"
- Peghead Inlay: Vintage Wreath white pearl and pearl Kentucky script
- Peghead Overlay: Snakehead Rosewood
- Pickguard: Black/White/Black ABS with beveled edge
- Plating: Nickel-plated / Pattern and Logo Stamped
- Scale Length: 13 7/8" (352.40mm)
- Sound Hole Shape: Traditional Oval
- Tailpiece: Nickel-plated with coverplate and leather insert
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Top Purfling: None
- Truss Rod: Traditional 2-screw black ABS
- Tuning Machines: High-quality tuning machines with white buttons
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.